Chapter 12- Peace

It has been few moons after the Battle of Traitors. Twilightspeckle was now called a hero, but instead of just her Thunderclaw has been known as a hero too. He fought off Sandstar and Lightpelt risking his life to save his mate. Twilightspeckle believe he is the best warrior in the clans to be her mate. 

Thunderclaw shared tongues with her talking about a massive shark he has caught in the hunting patrol. Twilightspeckle purred thinking about the time she wanted to be skilled like that in the 'paw days. 

Speaking of 'paws, Dovesilence and Leafivy, her former mentor's kits had turned into fine apprentices now training with Bladeclaw and Acornwind having their name as Orangepaw and Lilacpaw. The two cats that once Twilightspeckle gave a badger ride was being a senior apprentices setting an example for Berryfur, no Berrystar's kits.

After Sandstar has fled deep to unknown territory, Berrystar has learned she was expecting the traitors kits. MorningClan accepted her by Berrystar's loyalty, confidence, and leadership her kits growing well without misery of their father. Racoonpaw, Ryepaw , Rockpaw, and Dolphinpaw is their names.

"Twilightspeckle?" Thunderclaw tilted his head noticing that his mate wasn't listening.

"So,Sorry." She apologized her gaze held back with shame. Instead of scolding the disrespectful mate, he touched her cheeks to nose with his muzzle. The black little she cat blushed and softly licked Thunderclaw's chin. He stared at and started mewing again.

"It's so peaceful now, so many kits were born. Last night, Dovesong finished kitting." He meowed looking at the quiet nursery where cats went in and out to see the newborns. Twilightspeckle planned on visiting Dovesong later to see her new kits fathered to Cedarwind.

Kits, I wonder if I'll have any with Thunderclaw. She looked at Thunderclaw her thoughts on the kits. Her mate seemed to realize Twilightspeckle's stare and gave a smooth lick on her belly. 

He smiled blushing. It was good to know her mate wanted to have kits too, it was to hope she would have a litter someday. 

"Twilightspeckle! I want you to be on my hunting patrol!" MorningClan's new deputy, Hollowbranch called with few cats gathered around. Twilightspeckle quickly nuzzled Thunderclaw and padded off to join them. Hollowbranch, Bladeclaw, Orangepaw, and Maplemouth waited for her ready to hunt.

The five cats padded outside the camp that is well hidden and breathed the sand smell with sea breeze. Above, the sky was pale light blue showing it was almost leaf-fall. The other clans say that greenleaf is the best time for more prey, but in MorningClan, leaf fall is the peak of hunting lobsters

"It looks like we will have a good hunt." Maplemouth, the senior warrior purred. Hollowbranch nodded sniffing the air to taste.

"Lobsters are at peak right now, shall we hunt at the Lobster Rocks?" 

" I bet I'll catch the biggest lobsters!" Orangepaw exclaimed earning a glare from the grumpy Bladeclaw. 

"Behave like an 'paw, not a newborn kit." He grunted as his apprentice drooped his tail. I never got scolded by mentor, I wish I did like an normal apprentice. Twilightspeckle shook her head. No, I'm not going to look back at the past I am what I am now.

When the patrol got to Lobster Rocks they each went to their own way stalking on few lobsters. Twilightspeckle caught a scent of an good healthy lobster that would make juicy prey. She went down into an hunt g crouch and walked towards it her paws light as feather still keeping balance on the bumpy rocks. The lobster must've sensed her as it tried to scramble off, but the hunter was faster. She pounced and made a quick killing bit as the prey limped dead.

The skilled hunter was about to stalk on another lobster suddenly zapped by a shock of pain. She yowled and fell from her legs as her stomachs hurt so bad. Did she eat death berries?

"Twilightspeckle are you okay?" Maplemouth noticed first shocked by her sudden fall. She checked her status carefully checking each piece of fur. "You will be okay young warrior."

"How can I?" When the black little she cat was about to complain, the pain vaporized slowly her legs able to stand again. What was that?

"I think you should check with Blossomberry dear." Maplemouth gently licked her ear for comfort. She nudged Twilightspeckle to the way back to camp. "I'll explain to the rest of the patrol. Now go."

Twilightspeckle shrugged and took steps to the way to camp leaving the lobster behind. I hope it's just a stomach ache from rotten prey I ate. She went to Blossomberry's den sweet scent of honey wafting in her nose.

"Sweet isn't it? But not for you I hope I just stocked the, up. What do you need?" The new medicine cat asked as she stopped her paws shuffling to organize.

"My stomachs hurled during a hunting patrol and Maplemouth told me to meet you." She explained as the young medicine cat observed. She rested her ears to her belly where it hurled the most during the zapping pain.

"I think it's not a stomachs ache." Blossomberry concluded. Oh no what if I die! "Don't worry, you won't die, your expecting kits."

Your expecting kits. Blossomberry's mew echoed in her mind as the world turned upside down as it glimmered like when sunset hits the sea water. Kits. Thunderclaw's kits. Our kits.

"You better tell the father. I'm guessing it's Thunderclaw?" Blossomberry teased as she nudged her out the den. Without thinking, she scrambled off to Thunderclaw tackling him with her small body.

"Hey! I just groomed my pelt it's all messed up now." He gave a teasing growl as he knocked her off scrambling to his paws.

"Quit thinking about your fur! It's not groomed at all anyway. I'm expecting kits!" Twilightspeckle exclaimed her tone faster than usual as she rushed to say her words. The tabby tom seemed to understand as his jaws dropped.

"I'm going to be a father!?" He exclaimed as he circled around. The mate's were forgetting that they were in the middle of the clearing. Cats who were in the camp congratulated with purrs and murrow of laughter.

The mate's blushed out of embarrassment and looked down as they let their clan mates give congratulates.