Chapter 13- Forgotten

"Can I go with Twilightspeckle?" Thunderclaw asked the deputy his fur brushing Twilightspeckle's. He's been worrying like crazy after knowing his mate was expecting kits.

"Of course. I want you Thunderclaw, to lead a border patrol. Take two more warriors with you." Hollowbranch agreed. When the two cats has left the bush deputy to organize other patrols, her mate exclaimed.

"I'm going to lead a patrol!" Thunderclaw bounded as his eyes shine with pride. His mate purred amused by his apprentice behavior.

She felt a small movement from her pregnant belly.

"Is the kits moving?" Thunderclaw asked his ears resting on the fluffy fur. The black she cat purred.

"They're jumpy!" The tabby tom purred as he went off to gather cats for the patrol. I wonder what they look like, one of Dovesong kits exactly looked like her. She thought. Maybe a fluffy tabby or a black and brown kit. Dovesong has a fine litter gifted by two kits and Flightkit looked exactly like her. And Stormkit looked like Cedarwind apart from his green eyes.

Deerfur, Leafivy, Brightwind Racoonpaw's mentor, and Racoonlaw padded to join her. Thunderclaw lead the patrol to NoonClan and MorningClan's border that hasn't been marked lately.

"I see your expecting." Leafivy, Twilightspeckle's former mentor purred. "I'm happy for you."

She dipped thanks to the tom that had few kits. "What is it like to have kits?" The expecting she cat asked nervously.

"They are wonderful! You'll have a pawful, is that what Dovesilence will say, but you'll love it. I raised many kits all loyal from heart." He said probably thinking about the new kits, Orangepaw and Lilacpaw. "But sometimes" he continued, "It could bring negatives. I still remember my two kits that died from abort and battle."

It must've hurt, I would never want to lose my kits to StarClan. "What are there names?"

"Dewkit and Tuftfeather. I never get to know Dewkit, but I could say that Tuftfeather was the kindest cat. She always settled Bladeclaw and Dovesong from fighting." Leafivy looked up the sky perhaps hoping for StarClan to send a message.

"I'll mark there with Twilightspeckle and Deerfur." Thunderclaw ordered as the patrol split in two. The black she cat sniffed the air and caught a familiar scent. She sneaked away from the patrol and tracked it down.

The cat scent grew stronger as the warrior's heart pounded. It was familiar, but not familiar enough to identify. She pounced.

"Get off me you fox-heart!" A red she cat yowled in pain by Twilightspeckle's surprise attack. It was Blood, one of the rogues.

"You" MorningClan's Warrior hissed as she pinned Blood down. "You owe everything! You killed my mom!"

"So what? My plan would've worked without your cruelty!" Blood knowcked the small black cat off as she pinned her down.

"Killing the clans? Why would I want that?" Twilightspeckle managed to retort as she struggled.

"The only cat I wanted was Lightpelt!" Blood hissed as her growl trembled down to a sob. "He was such a nice cat. If I was a better fight, if I could've killed you!" She raised her claws aiming for Twilightspeckle's throat. Quickly, the warrior dodged as she lunged into battle position.

"Are you blind? I had once loved Lightpelt before but surly you are wise enough to not put lives after him?" She growled circling around the red she cat.

"He's all I cared about. Without him I would've died! Lightpelt is the only cat who accepted me!" Blood's voice was cranky with pain but managed to bare her teeth. Why is this cat so blind?