Chapter 25

"Death..."

Sunpaw woke up in nowhere. It was blank, it had no trees, everywhere was all black. She couldn't even find where her paws are settling.

"Death..."

"Death..."

"Death..."

"Death..."

The echos continued and chill crept up on the red she cat's spine. What was this voice?

"The heart..."

The words changed, and it made Sunpaw even more mysterious what it was. Was this just a bad dream or something more?

"Is shattered..."

"Find the paw print..."

"Punish the right one..."

"And the clans' Fire shall burn on..."

Sunpaw couldn't understand the echo that rings in her head. Loving the kind elders, she heard their tales of what they call the Dark Forest. No sparkle of light that StarClan has, a land of punishment for the afterlife. Was the voice the punished cruel cats?

"Show yourself." Sunpaw growled calmly. She sawn dark ages of cats before, she is willing to take on the Dark Forest cats if must.

The echo stopped as the apprentice lunged into battle position. Her senses were full alert and was ready to take on any cat.  But no one came, and she was still in the pit of darkness.

"The heart is shattered. Find the paw print and punish the right one and the clans' Fire shall burn on."

Silence. Sunpaw couldn't let her focus off those words. Felt power inside them.  "The heart is shattered. Find the paw print and punish the right one and the clans' Fire shall burn on."

And something hit hard as the apprentice fainted.

****************************

Sunpaw couldn't focus on her hunt and missed two prey. She felt ashamed of herself—the bad dream wavered her focus. The apprentice could tell her mentor was not too happy either.

"Sorry..." Sunpaw murmured. Fiddleheart growled,

"Sorry catches no prey. I am fine with you having interest on Drizzleheart but your duty goes first."

The red she cat blushed angry and embarrassed. "I wasn't thinking about Drizzleheart!"

"Than focus on your hunt." The mentor replied coolly patting off somewhere else. Sunpaw felt too ashamed to eat anything from the fresh-kill pile and decided to remain hungry. She avoided Drizzleheart and Crystalpaw knowing they would offer food.

Sunpaw layer on her nest covering her nose with her tail. I could have caught them—it's leaf bare and one mistake can even put the clan in danger. But along with that, she remembers the words in her dream. They're something but not important. 

Short chapter—I know... But I feel like this chapter should be cut off here so yeah. Again, Thanks for reading!