Chapter 4

We both stood there on the beach as the water continued hitting our ankles. Aiden is so intriguing, I had one question answered to only come up with a hundred more. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. I could see the heartache in his eyes as he told me about his parents and yet there was still hope.

Aiden noticed I was still staring as he started drifting closer to me. When Aiden was within reaching distance, he picked me up over his shoulder and into the ocean we went.

I could feel the heat between us, or maybe it was the heat from the sun beaming on our skin. I don't know really,but it felt amazing. I was so caught up in this attractive boy who I just met. Aiden is looking at me like I am the only person in the entire world.

Adien then decides to do the unthinkable, he splashes me and I must have made the most confused irritated face known to man.

If Aiden wants a war, than a war is what he is going to get. I pretend to be upset to see if I can catch him off guard and splash him. Mission accomplished and Aiden's face was priceless.

"Ha, Aiden you have to be smarter than that" I tease.

A grin begins to appear on Aiden's face. Oh no.

Aiden lifts me up acting like he is going to throw me and I held onto him for dear life. We are so close and I can feel his heart beat beneath me and I immediately get goosebumps.

I could feel the fire between us become more abrupt. I swear he is going to kiss me and that I am going to kiss him back. That was until he let go and under the water I went.

Furious, I was furious. How could I be so stupid to think that Aiden was going to kiss someone like me. I was mad that he dropped me don't get me wrong, but I was more mad at myself for letting my guard down and looking like a fool.

Aiden caught on that I was upset pretty quick and lifted my face up to his. "Did I do something wrong?" The concern on his face, I couldn't help but melt like butter in his hands.

"No, I just thought." I begin to explain and decided to drop it. "Never mind it is not important ."

Aiden pulls me closer again. "Not important? How about you let me decide."

The rest of our beach adventure was awkward to say the least.Why can't I open up to Aiden like he has to me? Aiden wouldn't judge me for telling him that I thought we were having a moment. Or would he? I decide to keep my guard up all the way back home.

We arrived back to the neighborhood right before dark.

"What a day" I yawned reaching above my head sitting on the back of Aiden's motorcycle. Aiden smiles at me.

"Danielle it's not even 8 o'clock yet. Please don't tell me you are a person that goes to bed early. The night has just started and so has the fun." Aiden rambles on and winks at me.

Did he  seriously wink at me again? This guy sends some serious mixed signals.

"Goodnight Aiden." I say as I walk inside not looking back.

———————————————————————————
SO I AM OFFICIALLY IN MYRTLE BEACH SC FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER ON VACATION WITH FAMILY ☀️

SORRY THAT THIS CHAPTER TURNED OUT TO BE SHORTER THAN THE OTHERS. I PROMISE THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL MAKE UP FOR IT 😃