Chapter 21

The months flew by and I couldn't help but feel the distance between Aiden and I. I knew that Matt made him uncomfortable but it's not like anything was going to happen.

Nicole noticed that I was zoned out and deep in thought.

"Okay Danielle, you have to tell me what is on your mind." Nicole begs

I took a deep breath and I told Nicole everything.

"I mean do you blame him? Danielle you told your boyfriend that another guy was attractive. Not good sister."  I just nod as I let Nicole lecture me on my love life.

Nicole tries to reason with me " I have to agree with you though. Matt is a hunk  but lucky for me I am single." Nicole winks at me.

I consider myself an outgoing and adventurous person, but only when it comes to doing things in a safe way. Nicole on the other hand doesn't understand the concept of boundaries.

"I bet by the end of the semester, I will have Matt wrapped around my finger." Nicole brags as I was shaking my head.

"Good luck with that Nicole." I say as the bell rings dismissing us for lunch.

"Tell Aiden I said hi and that he has absolutely nothing to worry about." I hear Nicole say as I walk out of the classroom.

Friday arrived and I couldn't wait for school to let out. There was a football game tonight so Matt cancelled the yearbook meeting and asked a few of the students to attend the game to get photos. Nicole happily volunteered so I was able to stay under the radar that way I could have a date night with Aiden.

I walked to my locker and put my books away. I was startled when I heard a voice.

"Danielle, can I speak with you for a moment." I turned around to see Matt

"Yes of course." I say as I followed him to the classroom.

"I have an exciting proposition for you Danielle. I had an old colleague get ahold of me that is wanting to do an article about Prom. " Matt explains

I was confused as to what this has to do with me but Matt continued

"I remembered Nicole mentioning that you want to be a photographer and a journalist after high school. I told my colleague about you Danielle, and he would like for you to take the pictures and write an article about your experience at a high school prom.

"Matt this is insane. I would but I wasn't planning on attending prom." I tell him

Matts places his hand is on his face as he is thinking.

"This is a once in a lifetime deal Danielle. I will let my colleagues know that you are interested. You will have a couple of weeks to get you affairs in order. I know you will do a wonderful job."  Matt waves at me as he walks out of the classroom.

I was stunned. I didn't even say yes before Matt left but I also didn't say no. Things just got a whole lot more confusing.

I am sitting at the end of my bed with my guitar. I am working on the melody that has been stuck in my head when I first met Danielle. I am hoping I will complete the song soon to play it for her. I was stuck on a part that I couldn't get passed. Before getting frustrated I look at my alarm clock on my nightstand and it was nearly 5pm. Danielle should be here shortly, she insisted on dressing nicely for our date tonight. I think she always looks wonderful, but I am a guy, so what do I know. I have never met someone that low maintenance and still looks so good all the time. Danielle was naturally beautiful inside and out.

I sent a text to Danielle to see if I can come get her yet.

"Give me 5 more minutes and I will be ready."

I smile, perfect it will take me five minutes to get in my car and get down the road.

I decided to wear the floral dress I wore on our first date. I smiled as I reminisced our entire relationship. We have been together for half a year and I couldn't imagine my life without Aiden.

I finished my look with a touch of shiny lip gloss as I heard a horn honk outside. When I said five minutes, I didn't literally mean five minutes. I stumbled down the stairs and out the door I went.

I made it to Aiden's car and of course he was outside holding my door open for me. Always such a gentleman. I kissed him on the cheek before sitting down in the passenger seat. As Aiden  walked across the front of the car, I just took in the view. Aiden was very attractive and  it is like he didn't even have to try. I laughed as he sat beside me in the driver's seat.

"Are you laughing at me, Ms Davis?" Aiden asked, obviously mocking me

"I would never Mr James." I reply as the laughter filled the car.

Aiden pressed his lips to mine and I quickly kissed him back. The tension we had between us quickly disappeared.

"Damn babe. You keep kissing me like that I don't think I can control myself." I blush at the naughty thoughts Aiden was hinting to.

"I guess no more kissing than because I wouldn't want to distract you." I tease

Astonished by my flirty side coming out Aiden reaches for me.

" I could get use to your distractions." He whispers in my ear.

I feel the heat between arise. Not yet Danielle, you are not ready. I told myself as he started to drive.

We decide to go to the only place to eat in town. The same old restaurant, but hey, the food is good and the company is even better. Danielle was keeping her distance from me. I am assuming because of my comment in the car. Hell I didn't care though, Danielle knows I want her in ways that she isn't ready to give me yet. That's okay though she is worth the wait.

Danielle was telling me about her friend Nicole's goal to win over that new teacher by the end of the semester. Nicole has a lot of guts and I couldn't  help but smile at the thought of Nicole keeping Matt to herself.

"Aiden what are you thinking about?" Danielle asked obviously noticing that I had a huge smile on my face that I couldn't control.

"I am happy to have you all to myself babe." I say which was 100% the truth.

Danielle smiles at the thought and next thing I knew, speak of the devil walks in. The teacher.