Chapter 11

Shit, I can see that Danielle is upset. I am the dumbass that went off on her and all she was trying to do is to comfort me. Dammit Aiden, get it together before you ruin this. Whatever this may be.

"Danielle, my Dad has a lot of expectations for my life." I pause knowing that what I am about to say will break her heart. "He believes that Stephanie and I will end up together." 

I decided to keep walking because if I stayed there awkwardly I would end up fainting. Aiden's Dad has decided who he will marry just because she is the daughter of one of his colleagues. That's ridiculous.

I was so furious that I didn't  even recognize her standing right in front of me. Stephanie Jensen. You have got to be kidding me!

"Danielle Davis? What the hell are you doing here?" Stephanie asks with eyes that I swear if they were daggers I would be dead.

"Uh, Stephanie." was all I could get out. I turn towards Aiden for some comfort , and I could tell he was confused. So was I Aiden. So was I.

Aiden decides to break the ice by suggesting getting us girls I drink. Great idea Aiden, leave me alone with this psycho.

"I am surprised to see you Danielle. I would expect you to be outside reading one your lame ass books and daydreaming about what you can't have." Stephanie attempts to antagonize me but I just blew her off. I know that made her even more mad.

" You don't want to repeat history with what happened with Brent, now do you?"Stephanie taunts me and I couldn't respond but that didn't stop her." I didn't think so. You better stay the hell away from Aiden. He is mine!"

I was about to back down and walk away when Aiden jumps into the conversation.

"What the hell Stephanie? You have a lot of nerve to attack my Girlfriend in my house." Aiden blurts out.

Did Aiden just say I am his Girlfriend, or  did he say girl -friend? I am a girl and his friend but I am certain there was not a pause. Aiden said I was his Girlfriend.

"If you will excuse us I think we are going to go outside and get ready for the fireworks." Aiden says as he reaches for my hand as he leads me to go outside.