Chapter 18

I spent the majority of Saturday with Charlotte helping her around the house. I was mainly trying to keep her company while Aiden was at practice. We both get along great and she has taken me under her wing. It's nearly impossible not to be comfortable around her.

"Charlotte you raised a fine young man." I tell her

"I did the best I could to make sure Aiden would not turn into his father. Jackson was a wonderful man but he became controlling and big headed. " Charlotte explains.

I could tell that Charlotte had a hard time discussing her ex husband and I also knew that she is very protective of Aiden. We both acknowledge the fact that Aiden is nothing like his father when it comes to anything except looks.

"Danielle, I was so worried about moving out and leaving Aiden with his father. Jackson can be very persuasive, but Aiden has grown so much this summer. I have to give you all the credit because you made it all possible."

Charlotte reaches over to hug me and I meet her half way. "Aiden is lucky to have you Danielle. I know that he truly loves you."

I feel the same way Charlotte. I feel the same way.

The first week of school has dragged on terribly. All I can think about is spending the weekend with Danielle and of course my mom. My mom has seemed to move on just fine without my Dad. She was able to make new friends that enjoy going on trips together and doing other things adult women enjoy. Dad on the other hand has been drinking more frequently and I am not sure how much more I can take.

I lied to Danielle about my dad and I getting along. I didn't want her to worry, but living under the same roof has literally been a living hell. I know I have the option to move out and be right next door to Danielle but I can't give up my dreams of going to college to surf. One more year Aiden, then you can get out of this hell hole.

I had to get my mind off of everything and decided to play my guitar. I wanted to work on the song I was coming up with about Danielle.

Let me tell you about a girl that I fell in love with.
It took some time for her to feel it
but for her the wait was all worth it
She is kind and brilliant
I wish I was more confident.