Chapter 13

I spent the rest of the evening with Aiden laying on the grass, drinking lemonade and watching the firework display. Aidens hand was linked to mine and everything felt right with the world. I was contemplating asking Aiden why he said I was his Girlfriend but I chickened out.  I couldn't filter through my thoughts of whether Aiden mentioned it because he thought it would help me get out of the embarrassing situation, or to get him out of dating Stephanie. What I would do to get inside that brain of his to get the answers I truly searched for.

Danielle was laying beside me on the grass watching the fireworks. She is deep in thought, I knew exactly what she was thinking about. I called her my girlfriend. I can just see the wheels spinning in her little mind trying to decipher what this all means.

Hell I don't even know what this is, but it sure was nice to say she was my Girlfriend. One day it might become a reality.

Danielle looks up at me noticing that I am watching her closely and she blushes. I don't know what came over me but I could not wait any longer. I had to kiss her again.

Aiden swiftly kisses me out of nowhere. I feel like the world is spinning around us and I am unable to ground myself. The way Aiden makes feel is completely and utterly magnificent.

"Danielle, let's go somewhere more private so we can talk." Aiden says reaching out for my hand and it reminds me of the time he asked me if I trusted him. If only he knew. I nodded and we begin to walk back to the house.

This time his arm is wrapped around my waste and I can feel my knees begin to shake. Aiden leads me into his bedroom and I can feel the temperature rising.

"Uh that kiss." Aiden stutters to get out.

"That was nice." I grin 

"Yes it was." Aiden says in agreement.

" Where do we go from here?" I ask scared and excited at the same time to find out.

"Danielle you drive me crazy." Aiden says as he  brushes his hair to the side.

Well that wasn't what I expected. "Oh." I responded and I couldn't hide my frown.

"Dammit! I said something wrong again, didn't I?" Aiden looking irritated at himself. "I didn't mean it in a bad way Danielle. I have tried to be patient and wait to see how this goes but I have to get his off my chest."

What off your chest, was the last thought I had before Aiden pressed his lips to mine. I tell you what, I could get used to this. Our hormones were rising and I had to push Aiden back before I did something I could regret later. This is too quick Danielle, you have to slow down.

"Aiden I am sorry but we have to slow down." I say gasping for air. " Aiden nods and kisses me on the forehead. He doesn't seem bothered at all by my rejection.

"Let me show you the spare bedroom." Aiden leads the way as I follow him down the hallway.

"Goodnight Danielle. I am right down the hall if you need me." Aiden said before kissing my cheek and disappearing in the dark hallway.

Why can't I sleep? I asked myself as I checked the time. Nearly two o'clock in the morning. I wish Aiden would have invited me to stay in his room for the night. I am sure Aiden was trying to be respectful and keep some distance. I would have declined anyway but it would have been nice to be asked. I tossed and turned  a few time before deciding maybe a glass of water will help me sleep. I am sure I can sneak down without waking anyone.

I made it to the kitchen and was startled by a dark figure sitting at the kitchen island.

"Danielle, you couldn't sleep?"  I recognized the voice. Aiden's dad is sitting alone in the dark.

"Uh sorry Mr James, I came to get a glass of water."

"By all means." He gestured me to come and sit across from him. Nervously I did, If I would have known what was going to happen I would have ran right back up them stairs.