Chapter 17

Tonight I am taking my girl out on a real date. This date will not be the average order a pizza and watch movie kinda date. I am talking a night to remember. This is it Aiden, you are going to sweep her off of her feet and finally tell her what you have been feeling these past few months. That I am madly in love with her.

I drive up to her house to pick her up nervous as hell. Dan + Shay is on the radio as I wait for Danielle to come out.

You're everything that I'm not, and then a cherry on top
Yeah, girl, I gotta see you tonight
Yeah, I'm taking you out cause damn baby I'm proud

Ey oh ey oh, when a guy like me
Ey oh ey oh, gets a girl like you
Yeah, you better know we're gonna take it downtown
Showing everybody what I'm crazy about
Ey oh ey oh, anywhere we go
Ey oh ey oh, gotta let 'em all know
And imma tattoo your name on my arm
Baby I just wanna show you off
Yeah, show you off

Danielle walks out, her hair is curled and parted to the side. She is wearing a short dress with flowers on it. I am beyond speechless.

"Well babe are you ready" I ask her as I open the car door for her.

"As if I had a choice." She responds with sass.

Damn, this girl always finds a way to amaze me. Danielle and I hold hands as I drive to our first destination.

The good ole hometown restaurant. The memories of being here on our dinner date. What's the odds that we would be back here on a real date. Danielle seems tickled with the first place we stop at tonight. Oh babe you just wait for what I have planned.

We sat in the same booth we sat in previously. "I think I am going to order the same thing I did last time we were here." Danielle tells me.

"What about living a little and trying something new?" I ask

Danielle sits there and thinks for a moment before answering."Why change something that is good to begin with?"

Touché Danielle touché.

The food was great, I am glad I stuck to the same thing as well. I pulled my cash out to pay the bill. After leaving a tip for the waitress out the door we went.

"What are we going to do now ?" Danielle asked and I could tell she was excited to find out.

"I am going to take you to a place to have a redo of something that I should have done a long time ago." I tell Danielle and I could see those wheels spinning on her face again. Danielle has about an hour to figure it out. Good luck babe you won't see this coming.

"I am going to take you to a place to have a redo of something that I should have done a long time ago" Aiden says and I can tell he has really thought this plan through.

I sit there thinking of a million things he could be thinking about but I have no clue. We get on the highway and I know exactly where we are going, Myrtle Beach. I thought to myself, why would Aiden want a redo at the beach? Maybe he wants to teach me how to surf. Maybe Aiden feels guilty because he should have told me that he was a surfer that day. Who knows..

We Arrive at the beach and I am so confused. There are no surf boards anywhere to be found.

"What's wrong babe?"

" I thought you were going to teach me how to surf." I pout

"Surf? Why did you think that? Aiden asks trying to figure out my logic behind the whole situation.

"You said you wanted a redo, so I thought you regretted not telling me you knew how to surf. I was hoping that you wanted to teach me." I say with my arms crossed.

"Hahaha babe." Aiden giggles.

Great, now he is laughing at me. How embarrassing.

"Come here" Aiden directs me to come into the water with him.

The water is below my knees which is fine because my dress goes right above my knees. Aiden on the other hand was the dumb one to get in the ocean with jeans on. I can't help but laugh at my own thoughts

"What's so funny?" Aiden asks bringing my focus back to reality.

"You are wearing pants in the ocean. That's what's so funny." I continue to laugh at him.

"I could have taken them off but I didn't want to embarrass you and make you blush."Aiden mocks me with a huge grin on his face.

Too late though, the thought has already entered my mind and I guarantee I was blushing big time.

"Like that" Aiden points at me, making me nervous.

"Don't distract me. Now tell me why you brought me here." I say acting impatient but in reality I was enjoying every moment.

" The last time we were here, there was something I was dying to do but I chickened out last minute. When you were holding onto me." Aiden pauses for a moment before continuing.

"I wanted to kiss you. I hoped you felt it too but I wasn't sure and I was afraid to cross the line." Aiden explains and my heart explodes with happiness. Aiden did want to kiss me!

"Now that I know that you feel the same way." Aiden inches his way closer to me as my body pulls towards him like a magnet. Aiden's lips are so close to mine, the anticipation is killing me.

I close my eyes and we kiss. Every kiss I have shared with Aiden has been different each time. The first kiss was short and sweet, then the kisses following have been long and seductive. Tonight was different, it was like the start to forever.

"Aiden" I whisper trying to process the kiss we just shared.

"Shh baby, you have to listen to what I have to say first. Whenever I saw you reading in the hammock at the park, something about you caught my attention and I had to get to know you. You have opened up to me in ways I didn't think were possible. There is something I have to tell you."

Aiden pulls me closer and hugs me, as he whispers in my ear. "I LOVE YOU."