Hidden Talent

Ana:

I laughed as the familiar music played by our high school band. With a guitar in my hand I sat with the rest of the band. The music teacher was not around and we were practicing for our graduation day performance.

Which means I can sing, finally. Because according to my music teacher, I sing worse than a crow.

"Hey guys, check this out." I said taking my guitar up and tuning it.

No one objected because unlike our music teacher, they liked listening me sing.

I closed my self and immersed myself in the song which I was listening this morning.

"First things first
I'ma say all the words inside my head
I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh ooh
The way that things have been, oh ooh
Second thing second
Don't you tell me what you think that I can be
I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh ooh
The master of my sea, oh ooh

I was broken from a young age
Taking my sulking to the masses
Write down my poems for the few
That looked at me, took to me, shook to me, feeling me
Singing from heartache from the pain
Taking my message from the veins
Speaking my lesson from the brain
Seeing the beauty through the

You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
(Pain, pain)
You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer
(Pain)
Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain
My life, my love, my drive, it came from
(Pain)
You made me a, you made me a believer, believer

Third things third
Send a prayer to the ones up above
All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove, oh ooh
Your spirit up above, oh ooh

I was choking in the crowd
Building my rain up in the cloud
Falling like ashes to the ground
Hoping my feelings, they would drown
But they never did, ever lived, ebbing and flowing
Inhibited, limited
'Til it broke up and it rained down
It rained down, like

You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
(Pain, pain)
You break me down, you built me up, believer, believer
(Pain)
I let the bullets fly, oh let them rain
My life, my love, my drive, it came from
(Pain)
You made me a, you made me a believer, believer

Last things last
By the grace of the fire and the flames
You're the face of the future, the blood in my veins, oh ooh
The blood in my veins, oh ooh
But they never did, ever lived, ebbing and flowing
Inhibited, limited
'Til it broke up and it rained down
It rained down, like

You made me a, you made me a believer, believer
(Pain, pain)
You break me down, you built me up, believer, believer
(Pain)
I let the bullets fly, oh let them rain
My life, my love, my drive, it came from
(Pain)
You made me a, you made me a believer, believer"

I had my eyes closed as i completely immersed myself in the song. Each and every word came from within me. In that second, I was one with the song, one with my musical instruments. They became an extension of me. Doing whatever I want them to do.

I was the song itself, if you can understand what I mean. A little tough to explain. It's just a feeling one gets when they sing from the core.

Until the last note, I was immersed in the song. Every other sound was mute, every other sight, dark. It was only after I finished singing that I saw there were quite a few people looking at me while I was singing. And that did not just include just the band or some random students, even the principal and the music teacher was standing at the entrance.

They were led in by a handsome man in dark blue three piece suit. His eyes were looking at me intently with so much excitement like he had found the treasure he had been looking for a long time.

I stood up awkwardly because of his heavy gaze and cleared my throat. It was only then that he made movements. And the first thing he did was clap as loudly as he could.

Okay, I have been complemented a lot of times for my singing abilities but he was going a little over board.

"Excellente!" He beamed.

French? I thought catching his accent.

"Merci." I said politely copying his accent.

His eyes shone a even more if it was possible. "You're French?" He asked excited.

"No, but I like knowing about different people, culture and languages. French happens to be the one I know." I replied politely.

"Good good." He said excited. "You have a nice voice."

"Really? My music teacher says it's worse than a crow singing." I said chuckling.

"Then that person doesn't know music at all." He exclaimed.

Mrs Johnson, the said person, looked embarrassed at the back.

"And you'd know?" I looked at him sceptically.

"I'm the owner of a humble entertainment company. I think I will." He said with a small smile.

"Humble? He is the owner of  'Glory Entertainment Company', Leo Carson, one of the best in show biz." Principal said.

I looked at him wide eyed. People waits for years to have one meeting with him, and here he is complementing me.

"How long have trained in singing girl?" He asked seriously.

"None. I just sing what I hear. If I can't get it in first time, I keep on trying until I get it right. I've never had a teacher or so to say." I said unsure where it was leading to.

He nodded with some understanding. "A raw talent." He mumbled to himself. "Have you ever considered a career in singing?" He asked seriously.

"Not really. I just sing because I like to. That's it." I said.

"Would you like to consider one now?" He asked startling me. "You like singing. Right? I'm pretty sure with a few years of training, you'll be as good as the most famous singers in the industry."

He kept on and my jaw touched the floor at his words. Me? A singer?