Tired

Anna:

Two hours later, I almost regretted my desicion. But I can't live without good food.

Damn, each and every part of my body was hurting with exhaustion. I don't think I'll be able to walk tomorrow.

"Alright, we'll stop here now." He said seeing me almost fall on the bicycle. "We'll continue tomorrow. It will take sometime for you to build your stamina."

"No shit." I answered panting heavily.

"Language young lady." He said sternly making me roll my eyes. "My wife will take care of your meals. And she's also responsible for your make over. She runs a beauty parlor two blocks away. Rest in my cabin, I'll give her a call in the meantime." I nodded and made my way to the couch in his cabin and laid.

I don't know when I fell asleep, but I was awoken my a soft shake. "Anna." Said a sweet voice.

"Mom let me sleep. My body is aching. I can't go to school today." I whined.

A manly chuckle and feminine giggle made me open my eyes annoyedly. That's when realized I'm not at my house. I sat up straight as soon as I can feeling a little disoriented.

"Looks like my husband put you through a lot today. I'm Camille Randal by the way." I looked at the source of the sound and found an incredibly beautiful woman with rich, perfect brown skin, bleached hairs, pouty red lips, dressed up in Channel's clothing. She was oozing of matured beauty.

"You are going to be my stylist?" I said incredulously.

"If you don't have a problem with that." She replied elegantly.

I jumped out the couch to rush to her but regretted doing so instantly. I muscles revolted against me and I sat back with a yelp.

"Looks like my husband did put you through a lot. You know what? Let's go to my work place. We also have a good massage. I'm pretty sure you can use it now." She said kindly.

"Woman, you're an angel sent by God." I said standing up on my wobbly legs. She chuckled and led me to her beauty parlor cum spa.

"Regie" she called as soon as we entered. A skinny young girl came out quickly. "Ma'am you're back." She said sweetly.

"Yes, this is Anna and she just had her first day training from my husband. You know what to do." Mrs Randal said and the girl nodded taking me to a room inside.

After half an hour of a relaxing massage, I could finally feel my body. I walked out and Mrs Randal took me for a make over. And let me tell you, a full body cleansing is a real headache. And what's more is that I've to do it twice a month.

On top of that there is facial. That too twice a month, once for skin cleansing and other  for skin brightening. And after there are heaps of cosmetics like face pack, face scrub, face mask, night cream, day cream. Why do they have to make so many skin care products? Why do I have to use all of them.

"I'm gonna use all of these? Isn't the one and a half hour on facial enough?" I whined.

"Sweetheart, this is only for your skin, hair products are yet to be sorted." She said giggling.

I think I'm gonna faint.

"Next we'll discuss your diet." She said making me go stiff.

"Please be lenient on that. I can't survive without good food." I begged.

"Anna, do you know why beauty is praised?" She asked and I shook my head in a no. "Because it is tough to maintain it. It require hard work, patience and a lot of time. Nothing in this world comes easy. Not success, not beauty."

"Tell me." I said making her look at me confused. "There is a story you have. Tell me."

She giggled and said, "Okay. When I was your age, I wasn't comfortable with how I looked. And honestly, I didn't even look close to how I look now. That is until I met Carlos. It was love at first sight for both of us. But I never dared to go anywhere near him. He was the stud of our high school while I was the weak girl bullied everyday. One day he confessed to me and threatened anybody who bullies me will have face him.

I was angry thinking he was playing me. Why else would he be interested in me? But finally I said yes to him. I promised myself that day that I would make myself worthy of standing next to him soon. It wasn't easy. Many times I thought I won't be able to do it, to stand confidently next to him, look fitting with him. But he always gave me hope. He was always my rock. And here we are today. No one can say I do not match him when I stand next to him. In fact I have my own business."

Then she looked me in the eyes seriously saying, "For me it was Carlos. For you it is your dream, your career. I had only my man supporting me while you have your whole family. I was weak, self-conscious. You are strong, confident. Anna, if you still can't do it, it will be an insult on my hard work."

"Okay, ma'am." I said stretching the 'o' and destroying the serious environment. "Pressure taken. I'll try my level best." I said making her smile.

I took my diet plan and all those odd looking cosmetics in a bag and left for my apartment.

I slumped on the couch tiredly as soon as I entered. Today was mega tiring.

"Oh look, our Ms Special is back." Salina said when she saw me. "Bitch, I'm exhausted and irritated from today's work. Say another word if you want to be my punching bag. By the way, I've sent strong jocks to hospital for messing with me in high school. Careful." I said without opening my eyes.

She cursed under her breath and and went in.

That's right bitch. Run.

"Anna, where were you?"

Oh no. I can't bare even her voice now.