Desicions

Anna:

My family surrounded me. Mom and Angie consoling me and dad and Oli standing protectively in front, when Mr Carlson strolled in cheerfully yet elegently.

My family's face morphed to disapproval.

"You are our guest for tonight?" Angie asked trying to see if anyone else was coming as well.

"Yes, I am. I hope Anna talked to you about everything." He asked hopefully.

"Yes she did. But Mister, aren't you a little bit old?" Mom said.

"What? I'm just 37. Still at the prime of my youth." Mr Carlson said defensively.

"Exactly. Almost 20 years older than our Anna." Oli fumed.

"Well what does our age has to do with all this. In fact, the older I am, the better I can train her. You did agree to letting her come with me right?" He was cheerful again.

"Excuse me? Train her? My sister is not a dog." Angie fumed. "Really Anna what did you even see in this guy."

"I never said anything about her being a dog. And it will be a good opportunity for your sister as well. You don't have to insult me like that." Mr Carlson was angry now.

"Good opportunity? You bastard. You took away her good opportunity by impregnating her. We still being quite civilian given the circumstances." Dad yelled.

Please mother earth, split and take me in with you I can't handle this.

"Impregnate? Anna you're pregnant? That won't be very good for your career. Hold on, I impregnated her? Are you guys crazy? She is young enough to be my daughter. What kind of scumbag do you think I am?" He said utterly wronged.

"Oh, you're not? I'm sorry for our rudeness then. Please come in. It's not a good time though." Dad said politely yet awkwardly.

"Actually, I think it's a perfect time. If Anna does have scandals. I should know everything about them for the future. By the way, I hope you guys agree to my proposal." Mr Carlson said seriously.

"Proposal, even before you said to take her to training. Who is he Anna and what is he talking about?" Oli said confused.

I had covered my face with my hands wanting to be anywhere but here. Hearing this question angered me to no end.

"Oh,you guys are finally listening to me? 'Cause you didn't for the whole damn evening." I yelled. Mom tried to say something, "Don't, you're not saying a single word, each and every one if you are listening to me, period." I fumed.

"First, I'm not bloody pregnant. And mom, who in this day and age doesn't know about precautions? At least listen to me before considering anything." I screamed.

"Can you blame us? You sounded so off on the phone and Anabeth Parish, you never sound off. Not when people criticize you. Not even when the whole world is against you. You are never serious. So something humongous must have happened. Can you blame us for thinking of the worse?" Dad said apologetically.

"Well something humongous did happen." I agreed. "You see this man here is Leo Carlson, the owner of 'Glory Entertainment Company'. And he wants to make me a singer." I said.

Silence. Only the sound of wind could be heard. Everything else was quite. Even the maids and servants were turned into statue, much less my family.

1 minute,

2 minutes,

3 minutes,

"Aahhhh oh my God! My little girl is going to be a singer." Mom screamed on the top of her lungs.

"My baby!" Dad was crying. Like literally crying. "Finally! Something good happened to your life. I'm so proud of you baby."

Oli ran to me, lifted me while hugging me and spun me around. "Anna, my little sister is going to be a star!" He shouted.

"Are you kidding? Anna, a singing star? I must be dreaming." Angie was in disbelief.

Finally, someone had my expression.

After a whole round if cheering, my family finally calmed down and crowded Mr Carlson.

"Mr Carlson, you did us a great favour by taking our daughter in. Please, as you said, she's like your daughter, take good care of her. She is a strong girl. I'm sure, with a little help, she'll make it big." Dad said humbly.

"Singing, dancing, music, all these have been her passion. But being the house of lawyers and doctors, we never took it seriously." Mom lamented. "You need to make up for all her lost time. Take good care of my daughter."

"My sister is already very talented. Just guide her a little and she'll be really popular." Oli said.

My poor sister was still in shock.

"Thank God you guys agreed. I thought I lost a good investment by your behavior in the start. And don't worry. I scouted her out, I'll definitely take care of her. She'll have nothing but the best of the best. You have my word." Mr Carlson beamed.

"Guys, I'm still standing right in front of you. And I didn't say yes yet." I said frustrated.

"You don't want to?" Mom asked.

"I didn't say that. I just mean that you didn't ask me." I said defensively. I'm not against the idea. Just shocked because I never thought of it.

"What's there to talk about? You love singing don't you? Just do what you love. Leave the rest to us." Oli said.

"So it's decided." Mr Carlson said delighted. "You Anabeth Carlin Parish are coming with me. As soon as your highschool is complete."