Investment

Anna

"Are you guys nuts? I'm not taking this." I rejected firmly. Unfortunately, my angry tone that can make people do whatever I want to never works on my family.

"Yes you are young lady." Mr Vogue said firmly. "I'm not taking no for an answer."

"And don't you even think about rejecting ours." Dad said.

So, let me give you a flashback of the effing hell is happening.

We were having a small get together like always  when Mr Vogue asked casually, "Astrid was saying you got invited for Lorraine Fashion Week this year."

"Yup. We did win one of the most famous award for fashion designing. So naturally we were called. And after this our brand will be internationally known. Our popularity will be equal to Channel and other luxury brands among the upper class of society." I replied happily.

"But you don't have capital right now to meet their demands. Right?" He asked. "You just opened a built a new building and making the clothes for the collaboration were enough to drain you out."

"Yeah, well we will soon be paid for those dresses and I'm looking for investors. So it should be okay." I answered briefly. I didn't like discussing these problems with them. I like doing these things on my own and let them know after I get my success.

"Hm. You just got one. I wanna invest ten million in your company." He said casually like discussing the weather.

"What? N-" I was cut off by dad.

"Not one two. I'm investing fifty million." Dad said equally casually.

"But-"

"Me twenty." Oli said.

"Me five. Not as rich as your family." Leo said.

So that's what happened. Seriously, they do realise they are millions not thousands. Don't they? Alright, it is casual for them. They are one of the richest people in the country. I'm the one who had been out in poverty so forgot that for a second.

"But guys, that is too much of money. I don't need it." I said irritated.

"No it's not. And it's investment. I will get the return soon." Dad said and I looked at him sceptically. Both of us knows that even if I couldn't return the net worth of investment, none of them would say a single word. In fact, if I did do good in business, dad will never take the profit of the investment. He will just transfer it to my account.

"Dad!" I whined.

"No, you are taking it. End of discussion." He said with finality. In this world, only dad can shut me up.

"Okay." I repented. That is enough for the start. I can start with collaborating with a few high end malls so open fancy showrooms and hire enough help for the mass production of clothes. A little more and I can even start production of bags and shoes.

Next day, I sat in my company building reviewing the proposals I made. My acting gig is about to start soon. But before that, I need to get done with this. And make contact with Maxwell Corp and my to be boyfriend.

I already called for a board meeting I'll be attending tomorrow morning to let them know about the new board member.

They just know that someone has taken the five percent shares from Mr Newman. No one knows who actually did it. Tomorrow is going to be fun.

"Anna, the Maxwell Corp contacted us. They want to invest in our company and after reviewing, they want to discuss a probable collaboration. They can be our raw material source. Their quality has always been the best. And personally, I think your stalker/lover boy is finally making a move." She said.

"Yeah, well he's too late. I already made my move." I smiled. "Arrange the meeting after the shareholder meeting."

"Will do. And you're required on the set day after tomorrow. Here is the script for first few scenes." She said keeping the script on the table and left.

That will have to wait for later. I went back on working on my proposal. Just then my phone rang. But the number on the phone had my breath hitch. I took a calming deep breath and received the call.

"H-hello." I said.

"Hi little sister."

"Angie?" I said emotionally. It has been more than five years since I talked to my sister.

"How are you baby?" She asked sobbing a little.

"Fine. So finally you got time for your useless little sister." I said trying to act angry but failing miserably. I too happy to act.

"Don't talk like that baby. I'm sorry. I really am. It's just..... A lot has been going on. Let's meet tomorrow. I'll tell you about everything okay. And I'd like to hear all about you as well. I'm sorry I've not been keeping tabs on you. It's just, my life is a mess. I don't even have time for myself." She said sorrowfully.

What the hell? Angie is the most serene person I've ever met. Something must have happened for her to be sad.

"Did that moth-" I stopped the cursed that was about to slip from my mouth and cleared my throat and continued, " I mean did your boyfriend do something?"

"No, he treats me like a treasure. It's everything else. Everything is getting on my nerves. And I don't know what to do." She said. "But tell my how's life going for you. Is everything okay? Heard you started a side business along with your singing career. And dad even made some investment. Tell me if you lack funds. I don't have much on me, but my boyfriend is pretty rich. I'll make him to invest."

"No." I said a bit loudly. "Sis, dad has already invested fifty mil, Oli twenty five. Even Mr Vogue and Leo made investment. Ninty mil is more than enough. I don't need more investment." I breathed. There is no way I'm taking anything from my family anymore.

"Ninty million?" She said shocked. "T-that is indeed more than enough. So let's meet tomorrow?"

Damn those meetings. I can't keep Maxwell Corp waiting. And tomorrow, they are going to take up all my time.

"Sorry sis, I have a business meeting." I said sadly.

"It's okay. You just set up a new business. I understand you don't want dad to feel disappointed in you." She said lightly. "What day after tomorrow?"

"Shooting for a movie. I don't think I have a free schedule this whole month." I said sadly. Lorraine Fashion Week is in two months time. We're also lagging back for the dresses that had to be prepared for the collaboration. On top of that the clothes for our shops. I need to hire help. Lots of them. At least raw material will be set after tomorrow. And my album with Blue Moon. Just when I thought of taking it slow.

"Shooting for a movie?" She asked.

"Leo wanted me to do a favour for him. It's just a small role. After that it's all related to business. And then singing." I said with a tired sigh.

"You're really working hard. Okay. Tell me when you are free. We'll set a meeting if I don't have anything." She said lightly.

That what's great about my sister. When it comes to me, she is always patient. A lot of the reason is because she thinks I need special attention though. I have a protective elder sister.

"Okay. Bye" I said with a smile and hung up.