Magical

Theo:

"Sir, Ms Carlin and Mr Mason are practicing. Ms Carlin seems to be having fun."

"Send me a picture of her." I said. Hunter hung up and after few minutes he sent me what I asked for.

I sucked in a deep breath as I looked at the picture. A beautiful smile bloomed on her face making her entire being look brighter. I could imagine her standing in a lush green garden as she looked around. This is the best part of her. Her free spirit makes her so different from the common crowd.

"This is Anna." That's when I noticed Zack standing next to me with a disappointed expression.

"You got a problem with that?" I said angrily.

"No brother. It's just you have supermodels chasing you. And you took interest in this girl. It feels a little illogical to me." He explained.

"You haven't seen her true beauty yet. That's why you're making such nonsensical comments." I reprimanded.

I didn't say anything but I could see his interest was peaked.

Well whatever. I planned to stay there for a whole day until my baby love came. So I got comfortable in the manager's office reviewing the staff files and answering important emails and messages and making important calls.

I reminded the manager several times not to reveal my name to anyone. And I don't think any of these dumbos would have read a business magazine in their life to recognize me.

After a few hours Hunter called me again. It looked like my darling had went to a garage. It broke my heart to hear that she was crying. I don't know what it was about but I have a hunch that it is due to the change of her lifestyle. But I was furious when I heard she was going to work there on weekends In exchange of a car. In between young, hormonal boys. But if that's what she want, than so be it. I will just endure until she comes to my side.

After that I won't let her have a day of hard work. I'll fill her days with luxury. She won't have to work for a even a day. Though I myself doubt that. My girl is made for the jungle. Not to be caged and made into a trophy. I wouldn't love her so much if she was any different.

"David, have John go to garage and make sure that my girl is safe all time." I said emotionlessly still looking at her smiling photo.

I asked one of my trusted man to put a tracking device on her car when she comes to the restaurant.

Soon my baby arrived. I stood close to the window that gave a good view of the entrance. My heart was beating frantically even though she wasn't going to see me. I could feel my hands shake. Stupid body.

I heard a low chuckle from behind me. I turned to see Zack's amused expression. "So the great Theodore Maxwell does feel nervous?"

I ignored him and looked at the door. And there she came in all her glory. My Anna. Just looking at her fills my life with light.

She looked around and frowned.  "What's wrong guys?" She asked them. They may be talking softly, but due to the close distance, I could hear everything properly.

"The restaurant has been bought by another man. He is here on inspection today. He already fired a cleaner Joy when saw a little dust on a table and Lindy when he saw her spending more than half and hour in the washroom. We don't wanna be next. So we are trying to be good. He looks like an angel but he is Hitler reincarnated." One of the waitresses huffed.

Oh dare she complain about me to my darling?

But instead of looking angry, she smiled. "Good. Being lenient to workers means loss in business. We finally got a sensible boss." As she said that the others gave her a good stare. Sensing crisis, she ran away quickly saying,  "Alright then, I'll go and change."

I laughed lowly at her cute antics. But soon realized someone else was staring at her more intensely than me with an open mouth.

I glared at Zack but he was still busy looking at the direction Anna went. "Looked enough?" I said in a dangerous low voice which sends chill down one's spine.

Of course, one of the few exceptions is Zack. "You were right bro, she is amazing. Those women that chase you are all like tamed pussy cats with no claws. Cute, obedient or spoilt and rude and utterly boring. This girl over here on the other hand is like a lioness  that is meant to rule the jungle. Most remarkable of all, it's her nature not habit. And like you say, habit is cultivated, it can be changed, nature is in born, it can't be changed. She is smart and strong. A perfect lady to stand by your side. Good choice bro." He said excitedly.

"You look quite interested in my girl to notice so much." I said angrily. Though his evaluation was spot on, one had to look closely to sense all these things in her.

"Oh come on bro, a lioness like her can be handled by a lion himself. I'm good with the pussy cats." He said waving. "After living around you for my whole life, I've learnt to identify greatness when I see it. And I am so not close to her level."

"Good that you know." I said.

He was about to say something when the manager rushed in. "Sir, our pianist is here. I've picked her myself. She is a rare talent. You will not be disappointed." He said.

Of course I won't be disappointed. It is my baby love after all.

"Is she so good?" Zack said.

"Of course, just wait and watch." He said and right about then a music filled the air.

"Wow." Zack gasped. But I was passed the point of caring. I was completely entranced by her magical music. I closed my eyes and savoured the happiness that her music was filled with. I moved out of the cabin to look at her from a distance.

Anna had a peaceful expression on her face. Like she is not here but alone in a beautiful place. My baby really likes music.

She played a few tunes and all the while I stayed rooted at my position. Only when she got up massaging her aching fingers did I go back to the cabin.

"That was indeed good. What's her salary now?" I asked calmly.

"1000 dollars sir." The manager said proudly.

"Double it." I answered.

"And change her timing from seven to eleven to six to nine thirty." I said.

"Okay sir. I'll go inform her." The manager said happily.

"Sir, the tracker is installed in the car." Hunter informed on phone.

"Good." I replied.

I might not come in front of you for the coming years darling but you will never be away from me.