Manager

Anna:

I was in my apartment reading some fashion magazines. Leo called me and asked me to meet at his office to introduce me to my new manager. I'll leave in an hour or so. Just then my intercom buzzed. I tapped the button.

"Ma'am, there is a parcel for you." The receptionist said on the intercom.

"Okay, send it up." I replied.

I took the giant parcel and a bouquet of sterling roses. My favorite. I opened the gift box to see a collage of my pictures. And by large, I mean large enough to cover one whole wall. The timeline started from five years back. One showed me playing piano at Elvis', some of me working at Peter's, some of me in my uni campus, some of my graduation ceremony, some of me practicing in Mr Mason's garden, some of me getting my MA in psychology and MBA. And lastly some of the competition. Some of me jogging to Carlos'. I've not been a public figure until very recently. And what's more shocking is some of it is when I was sure I was alone.

Looks like someone has been stalking me for five years. And it's from the time when not a lot of guys were interested in me. Who is he?

There was a note with it, written neatly in perfect calligraphy:

Hello my empress,
It's been a long time
Hope you remember me
Because I haven't forgotten you for a day
This gift is just a reminder
That someone has been waiting for you
For five long years

-Your Evil tyrant king.

Evil tyrant king? Suddenly an image flashed in my mind. Dark eyes, exquisite facial features, tall, lean and strong body. The person giving me wet dreams for five years. The Wall's legend and counted as the wealthiest man below thirty's last year and the hottest man in the world according to Forbes.

Theodore Maxwell, the guy who is the reason I'm still single.

What the hell am I thinking? It's Theodore Maxwell we are talking about. Women throw themselves at him all the time. He has supermodels and celebs chasing him. Why will he wait for me for five years?

"Oh my god. Ah!" I screamed on top of my lungs. The only guy who ever made me blush, the only guy that made my heart pump has been stalking me. I jumped up and down and ran around my whole house.

What? Don't tell me you don't fantasized about your crush stalking you like Edward in Twilight. You don't? Well your fault then 'cause I certainly do. And my fantasy actually came true. Yay.

What should I do? Should I reply? How should I reply? Should I give him a return gift? Wait, is it really him? How can it be him? He hasn't contacted me for five years. Why now? Doesn't make any sense. But what if it is him? Who else have I ever called evil tyrant king?

Okay. Okay. Calm down Anna. Deep breaths.
In and out.
In and out.

I'll think about this when I calm down. Wouldn't wanna make a fool of myself in front of my crush now would I?

Then, I kept the roses in a vase and contacted someone to set the collage in my living room. It is already big enough for a wall. So why not make it one? It is probably from Theo.

I had a wide smile on my face as I raced to the company exhilarated. God seems happy with me these days.

I parked my car and went in. I did get some attention. But this is a place for celebrities of all kind. So nothing much happened. In past years I've visited this place only a handful of times.

I went directly to Leo's office, knocked and entered after getting a 'come in'.

"You're finally here Anna." Leo said. "Meet your manager, Daniel Simmons."

Daniel Simmons? The legendary manager that never takes a good artist? Everyone under his management is a defected item having some sort of scandal on their name. And each and everyone of them were made into a huge stars by him. They say he likes challenges. The tougher it is to save someone's career, the more excited he becomes.

"I'm not that bad." I grumbled. Leo looked at me with an 'are you kidding me?' look. "Alright, I'm a little tough to handle. But certainly won't need the master for the job would I?"

"Sweetheart, I'm afraid even he won't be able to save you." Leo said.

"You're kidding me, right Leo?" Daniel said. "What possibly can this perfect princess do that I can't handle?"

"Perfect princess?" Leo said amused while I was trying to hold back my laughter. "Say that after a month and I promise, I'll increase your pay to double."

"Okay." Daniel said. "Let's go Ms Carlin. Follow me to my office."

"It's Anna for you Danny." I said happily following him.

"Danny?" He said incredulously and gave Leo a questioning look to which Leo simply shrugged.

We went to his office. His office was simple but quite spacious. Making it look very relaxing.

"So, Anabeth Carlin. BA in psychology, MA in psychology and an MBA degree. And topper of the batch in all three. Quite a good student, I presume." He said but I cut him off.

"Actually I'm not a good student. It's just psychology and business that I'm good in. In fact, I used to barely get promoted to next class in my school years." I said.

"Anything I should know more? I'm your manager. Knowing your deepest and darkest secret is my job. After all, I have to protect you." He said seriously.

"Nothing too important. Oh yeah my full name in Anabeth Carlin Parish." I said casually. "Make sure media doesn't get a wiff of that yet. I'm not yet that famous you know. I'll announce it myself by the end of the year."

"Parish?" He looked confused.

"Oh come on, haven't you heard of my brother and father? They constantly on the news for winning impossible cases. My mother too have quite a reputation on their field. Mom is considered as miraculous doctor even." I said.

"Collin Parish, Adriana Parish? That Parish family?" He said incredulously.

"Yup." I said.

"What do you need me for? They can perfectly take care of all your problems. Anything else?" He grumbled.

I thought hard and suddenly the incident of the morning flashed in my mind making me blush. "One more." I said blushing.

"Boyfriend?" He asked bored.

I shook my head. "No, stalker. Didn't reach the boyfriend stage yet." I said smiling silly. "And I think it's Theodore Maxwell." He fell down at my last statement.

And I think I heard him mumble something like "..... Crazy artist".