Start of Chase

Anna

"Anna, are you sure you wanna go ahead with the proposal of the Newman? It's obvious he wants to cheat us." Cassidy asked.

I had to find investors for my company. But one found me even before I could start looking for investors with my proposals. The Newman corp is a well known shipping Corporation in America. The founders looked for me and contacted me while I was still in Prague. I looked at the proposal and agreed instantly.

"I know that. But my dear assistant, what you don't know is that the hunter is being hunted in this game." I replied with a smirk. "The poor Newmans have something I want and they are going to give it to me. By hook, or by crook."

She looked at me confused, then shook her head and left. I pulled my phone and dialled a number.

"Hi how is my little sister?" Oli asked excitedly from other side.

"Never better." I replied with a smile. "But today, this call is official." I said seriously. "I need a little help."

I could literally picture him stiffen on the other side of the phone. "What's wrong baby?"

I don't blame him. In five years, I never asked for anything from them. So my sudden call for help would cause a little problem. "I want your help in scamming someone." I replied with a smirk.

"What!?" He asked shocked. And I explained him everything, he beamed with excitement. "Those people chose wrong person to scam didn't they?"

One week later, I smirked at the fifty year old geezer sitting in front of me. The evil smirk he had five minutes ago was nowhere to be seen. His agast expression gave me an urge to laugh.

What? I told you before, I'm savage. I'm not a good person. Especially not with the likes of him that think they can scam me just because I'm young and new in business.

"Miss Carlin, you dont know who you're messing with. I'll have your entire family disappear." He sneered.

"Is that so?" Oli said coming into the room. "Well I'd like to see you try. I've noted down your threat by the way. We'd be seeing you in the court about it."

He looked as if he was going to piss his pants. I couldn't help but chuckle now.

"Did you honestly think I'd dare to threaten someone like you without any preparation?" I said smiling innocently as he looked at me horrified.

"So you have two options, one, settle this out of court, give me whatever I ask. Or two, we can take it to court, which will give me free publicity, a nice compensation for my damages and will be a sure short bankruptcy for you. If the news of you trying to scam a young singer was known in public, your share prices will drop, no one would wanna work with a company with bad reputation. You will be bankrupt." I smiled as he looked at me with a horrified expression.

"How much do you want?" He asked dejected.

"It's not how much, it's what. I cornered you because I want something from you." I said and both he and Oli looked at me. Oli with interest and Mr Newman with caution. I never told Oli what I wanted in return.

"I want all your five percent shares of Maxwell Corp." I said with a straight face while Mr Newman looked at me like I'm crazy or something.

Maxwell Corp is the leading company internationally. They have business in every sector. Each of its shares cost fortune. And even one can guarantee a life of luxury. So needless to say, by asking his five percent, I'm asking for half his net worth.

"You're crazy if you think I'm gonna go ahead with that." He replied angrily.

"Then we'll see you court." I replied happily. "Get ready for bankruptcy Mr Newman." I sang and got up as he glared at me.

"Why don't you just go and rob someone while you're still it. Because this is daytime robbery." He said angrily.

"You're right. It is. I am robbing you. But I'd prefer the word scam. I'm scamming you. Just like you planned to do with me. I just am getting more than you would've." I smiled as he was literally about to blow up.

But Oli couldn't keep it together anymore and bust out laughing. "You are savage little si- girl." He corrected as he looked at Mr Newman. "So Mr Newman, what is it going to be? Bankruptcy or half your fortune?"

"You promise to keep it down afterwards?" He asked.

"Yes we will. In fact, we can even get a legal order. As long as you give us what we want,  we never breath a word about it again." Oli replied.

"Okay." He answered dejectedly. "Get the papers ready." He asked his lawyer that has been standing like a statue from beginning to the end.

"No need. I have them here. Just sign it and we'll be done." I smiled and put forward the papers I had. He looked at me so much hatred but at the end repented and signed it.

"Babe that was good." Oli said as they left my office.

"You're telling me?" I asked with a smirk.

"But you could've just asked dad for his Maxwell Corp shares. You know we have most shares after the Maxwells themselves. Why do all this?" He asked confused.

"Those shares are dad's. He decided what to do with them. If I asked he would surely give them to me. But I don't want that." I replied.

"Your this Miss Independent attitude is becoming a headache." He said. "Let's go now. I want to inform everyone about it. They would be so happy."

"They will." I answered as looked at the papers in my hand. Theodore Maxwell, I'm coming. And like I promised, I'm going to chase you till the end of the world.