Mutsuki Tooru x Fem!Reader: My one and only part 1

A/n: this one was requested by my lovely lil uwu bean child naughty_bitcheu

Hope you like it uwu

PS: I have a feeling that I've already used this song in another oneshot

Hmm...

Eh, whatever

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Author POV

Since the day the war ended, the city of Tokyo has changed...

The fight with the CCG and Nimura Furuta ended with what had come to be known as the 'Dragon War'. The lone poisonous oviduct was destroyed and further outbreaks of ROS were prevented.

However, the remaining oviducts across the wards continued to give birth to the nonpoisonous type of bastard children, which ceaseleslly attacked the city's inhabitants.

They were named 'Dragon orphans' and became a common enemy for both human and ghoulkind...

Tokyo's CCG's was disbanded and a new organisation, the TSC-Tokyo Security Committee- was formed. Half of its members are former CCG officers.

Of course, there were those ghouls that continued to rail against humankind...

...And those that did not...

For a lot of people, the war changed their lives. Ghouls and humans were now living together in peace and finally, love started to spread everywhere and even caught two lovebirds in its spell.

The two lovebirds were you and Mutsuki...

You knew that Mutsuki seemed to like Haise, but you were wrong...

All this time, he realised who truly was by his side, who treated the wounds and scars he had on his soul and who really loved him for who he was...

And that was you...

In the exact same day the war ended, he told you how much he loved you... and how much you mean to him... Of course, your face literally went from normal to a deep shade of crimson in a few seconds when you saw your crush confessing his love to you...

So even today, your love has grown and matured so much...

That even today, even after 6 years, you love each other like there's no tomorrow...

.
.
.

Time skip
Morning
Time: 9 am

The glorious sunlight of march made its presence in the room when someone drew the curtains and let the lights invade the room of you and your lover's shared apartment.

"Rise and shine, sleepy head!" Said the voice you loved so much as the owner of it opened the glass doors of the balcony

"Five more minutes..." you groaned, covering your head with the blanket

"Come on, my love" Mutsuki chuckled as he came back to bed to cuddle with you. "You've said 5 more minutes 12 times already. And you know how much that is? 60 minutes, that means an hour, not just 5 minutes. So it's time to wake up"

"...You smartass" you said, smacking him with a pillow as he chuckled

"H-hey, don't use the pillow!" Mutsuki said between his sweet little giggles, making you giggle as well as you hugged him tightly

"You know I love you" you said as he kissed you on the top of your head

"I know, my love. I love you too" he said as he stroke gently some strands of your hair. "But you have to wake up"

"I'm up, I'm up" you sighed. "By the way, aren't we going to visit Haise today?"

"You're right, I almost forgot" he said as you gasped dramatically

"How dare you?!" You said, trying to sound hurt, but your giggles stopped you from feeling hurt as Mutsuki started to shower your face with small kisses which you loved so much

.
.
.

Time skip
Kaneki household

"Tooru-chan! [Y/N]-chan!"

Kaneki's 6 years old girl's voice echoed in the whole house when you two came in, instantly bringing warm smiles on your faces.

"Hey, pudding" you greeted her as you took her in your arms. "What's up?"

"We've all been waiting for you!" Ichika exclaimed. "Everyone else is here!"

"Really?" Said Mutsuki as he tried to sound shocked. "We're truly sorry for making you wait, princess"

"You're only half forgiven" said Ichika as she puffed her cheeks

"Will the princess forgive us if she accepts our gift?" Mutsuki chuckled as he gave Ichika a paper bag full of apples which she enjoyed so much

"You two are now fully forgiven!" Ichika chimed as she took the paper bag in her small hands

"Thank you, your majesty" said Mutsuki as he slightly bowed his head

"My man's gonna be a good father, I'll tell y'all that" you said to everyone as you entered the room

"Y-you think so...?" Muttered Mutsuki as you just hummed in response. "T-that's... great to know, because... I'd love to be a father. But you know what I'd love to be before that?"

"I dunno, what would you want to be--" you started to say, but you didn't finish your sentence as you turned around to look at Mutsuki who was behind you

You looked at Mutsuki who was now on his knee in front of you...

Your eyes were wide open and you wanted to cover your mouth with your hands because of the shock, but Ichika, who you were still holding in your arms, anticipated it and covered it for you with one of her tiny hands.

"[Y/N]-chan... You have offered me 6 years full of love and fun... We've been through so many things together, but in the end, we're still the same. I could go and search in the whole world, but I know that no one could give me love like yours. You are a special person, [Y/N]-chan and not only in my heart. I love you for everything. I love your all. I've always been and I'll still be there for you in your darkest times and your happy moments... No matter what, no matter what one of us does... no matter where one of us goes... I know, from the bottom of my heart, that we'll always find our way back to the other. Because we're soulmates, [Y/N]-chan... You're my best friend, my human journal, my other half, my one and only, you name it. So that's why I'm here today, to ask you, [L/N] [F/N], the most important question in my life. Will you continue to make me happy and marry me?"

By now, tears were falling like rivers from your eyes as Ichika took her hand back to let you speak as the others were waiting for your reply which it was, obviously...

.
.
.

"I do...!"

------------------------