Urie Kuki x Reader: Did you miss me? part 1

A/N: Huuuuuuge thanks to iAkarini for coming with this request to me ùwú

I hope you'll like this idea as much as I do òwó

Enjoy~

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

[Y/N] POV

Dear Urie Kuki,

Do you remember the day we met? To be honest, I still remember it like it just happened yesterday...

It was like yesterday we were just 5 years old and met for the first time...

I still remember how my father told me and my mother that we'll have guests for dinner... a coworker of his and his son that was the same age as me...

I still remember the good clothes my mother gave me to wear and how excited I was...

I still remember mom's cooking and how much we enjoyed it...

I still remember how happy we were to play with each other...

I still remember... that we promised to be best friends forever... That we won't leave each other's side, no matter what... That we'll both become investigators...

"When we grow older, we want to be investigators just like our fathers!"

That was another promise...

"I'll protect [Y/N]-chan from the scary ghouls!"

"And I'll protect Urie-kun, as well!"

"Eeh? You don't need to protect me, I need!"

"Then, I'll stay by Urie-kun's side and help him!"

"...I-is that a promise?"

"Yeah! A promise!"

"Then, it's a promise!"

We were just children, but you know... I loved to hear those words... they made me so happy... to know that I have someone that cares for me... it made me happy...

"Do you promise that we'll be best friends forever?"

"Of course! I want to stay by your side!"

"T-then, let's make another promise!"

"What promise, Urie-kun?"

"W-when we g-grow older a-and we become i-investigators... Let's get married, [Y/N]-chan! I promise to be a good husband and investigator!"

"E-eh?! D-do you really m-mean it?!"

"Of course I do!"

"T-then... I-I do! I promise! When we grow older, I'll marry you, Urie-kun!"

And that was another promise...

But...

You started to break them when your own world was crashing right before your own two eyes...

You broke the first promise... the one that we'll be together forever...

We were still in middle school when your father died... and it literally broke you... Slowly, you started to lack any emotions and tried to distance yourself from me... and that broke me as well...