Chapter 2: New Ride

Lanza POV:

*a few minutes later*

Seems her boss and I are on the same page. If you call five bullet holes through the window same page. Scared him shitless, and got him to give Sophie her regular hours back. Mission passed. Might as well head to the bank and check on my cash. There's a car that caught my attention a while back. Still fresh as the day it rolled off the showroom. I knocked on Sophie's door, opening it.

"I'm done here."

"Thanks, bro. I'll try and disband my gang."

"You better. I may have my gang, but we're not taking this thing seriously. Sometimes we do, but that was when shit nearly hit the fan."

"I got it, I got it. Go, I'll be fine now. But you better give my gun back."

"Meet me at my penthouse later on. I'll pass it off there."

"Got it." I left the building, getting on my bike and blasting off to the bank. I noticed a text from my brothers and our group chat, but I had to check it later. This engine's really getting on my nerves. Reaching the bank, I parked and headed inside, finally checking the message.

'hey there's enough cash in your account for that Ferrari you wanted so go nuts! you know where the guy is' I smirked, sending a thanks back, before pocketing my phone and going to a teller booth.

"Morning, Lanza. Here to make a withdrawal?"

"Yeah. The guy's asking for 800 grand."

"Right away." I pulled out my phone, texting the guy I wanted to buy the car off of.

'morning! is the car ready?'

'shes waiting for ya so hurry up'

'roger that'

Closing my phone, the teller slid the money in an envelope, as I took it and slipped it in my pocket. Getting on my bike, I raced over to the guy, seeing the car under a protective tarp. I parked my bike, shaking the guy's hand.

"Good to see you, kid. When you're ready, pull off that tarp." I turned to the car and grabbed one end of the tarp, slowly uncovering the glossy red paint. Setting the tarp on the ground, I stepped back to marvel at the sight.

"I still can't believe I'm actually buying this from you." He walked to the car, pushing a hidden handle under the doors to open them up.

"Believe it, because this baby is officially yours. I'll walk you through how to start it." He sat down in the car, presenting the key. "Here's the key. Just do it like how you'd start any typical car." I nodded, mentally noting the simple process. "Remember, these doors aren't electric, so you'll have to use the key to manually unlock it." He got out and gestured for me to sit down in the seat, which I did. He opened the door to the passenger side and sat down. "Clutch in real quick." I pressed the clutch all the way in as he continued. "Hold, then go ahead and turn the key to unleash the beast." I turned the key as the engine cranked and roared to life. I sat shocked at the monstrous engine growling behind me. "That's a well-built Flat 12, built by Ferrari themselves. The engine is naturally aspirated, so you'll get that smooth power delivery as well when you get to the high revs." I turned the key back to accessory mode, silencing the beastly engine.

"Wow. This car is just absurdly incredible. I can't fathom that engine sound."

"Well, kid? Still interested?"

"You, good sir, have made me fall in love with this girl. Here's the money for the car." I pulled out the envelope, handing it to him.

"Well, I'm glad. This baby is officially yours to drive. Go on, give 'er a full send and peel outta here." I grinned, starting the engine, putting it into first gear, which was awkwardly where second gear would be in a typical manual. This is going to take some getting used to. I revved up to make the engine roar, keeping a foot on the clutch. Getting up to my estimate rev zone for a launch, I dumped the clutch and lightly held the brake, leaving a massive burnout before slowing down and leaving the guy's house, parking next to my bike. I shifted into neutral, pulling the handbrake up before getting out to go back and ask him something.