Chapter 12: Moving Day/A Promise To Protect

Lanza POV:

*The next day, early morning*

I woke up to the sound of hearing my phone buzz, so I turned over to grab my phone and saw a message from Kiro about calling Mom. So I did, in spite of the fact that it was so early in the morning.

"Lanza? Why are you calling so early?"

"Kiro texted me a minute ago... said to call you..."

"Aye... Go back to sleep, dear."

"Alright... when should we come over..?"

"Ten or so. That way we can have lunch once we're done."

"..'Kay..."

"See you later."

"See you, Mom."

I hung up and put my phone back on the side table and pulled Aki in, putting my head on top of hers as she nuzzled against me. I closed my eyes again and went back to sleep.

*Timeskip*

Akali POV:

I woke up to see Lanza fast asleep, his chest rising and sinking with every breath. I carefully crawled up to his face and poked his cheek, which made him turn over to me and groan.

"Baby~ Time to get up~" I cooed in his ear, which made him scrunch his eyes up before he slowly opened them to reveal his bright red orbs. "Good morning~" I put a kiss to his lips that he pushed himself into as I wrapped my arms around his neck, then he wrapped an arm around my waist as he rolled onto his back and put his hand on the back of my head, deepening the kiss as we started another dance between tongues, giving each other a fair share of exploration. We broke when air was severely needed, leaving a string of saliva between us again.

"Morning, babe. How'd you sleep?"

"Pretty good. You?"

"Aside from sacrificing a minute or two to talk to Mom, I slept good."

"What did she need?"

"I forgot to let you know, didn't I?"

"What? Did she do something?"

"Yesterday, before you called, we were out looking for a new place for her."

"Oh? Why?"

"She just wanted to be close to us." I chuckled, knowing how true that is for mothers.

"No matter what, a mother always worries for her children."

"Yep. They always do."

"Need an extra hand?"

"Sure, why not? I'm sure Mom'll be happy to see you again."

"Yeah. The last time we fully conversated was at dinner at your place. Besides that, I want to see how she's been doing."

"Jeez, you worry about her more than your own mom."

"Well, that's because she can hold her own. Six-time martial artist champion back when she was in high school."

"Right, right, now I remember. I was impressed with how skilled your mom was in martial arts."

"And now that skill has been passed down to me."

"Yep, it has. Though you can't beat me when it comes to swords, that's my forte."

"Well, you use katanas, which I suck with, babe. Your dad was a crazy good swordsman."

"He was, and just like you with your mom's skill passed to you, he passed his skills with a sword down to me."

"Damn right... Are you sure it's alright to talk about your dad right now since... y'know?"