Chapter 7: Bad Memories

Content Warning: Descriptions of Gore

Lanza POV:

Akali cashed in her need to ride in my car and was surprised at how comfy she was.

"Wow. It's comfier than I thought."

"You've ridden along with Evelynn, right?"

"In her Lamborghinis, yeah. Why?"

"Listen to this." So I went ahead and started the engine, giving it a couple of revs.

(Skip to 2:05-2:21. If you wanna watch the whole thing, be my guest.)

Her eyes widened as she looked behind her to see the engine.

"What kind of fucking engine is that?!"

"4.9 liter naturally aspirated Flat 12. It'll roar." I put the car in gear and started our trip to the bar, then I heard my phone ring. I fished it out of my pocket and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, kid. I found the issue."

"What's wrong with the engine?"

"Your transmission was running low on fluid. Luckily, I have a can somewhere in the garage. I'll get it filled again and deliver it, sound good?"

"Sure. Thanks for the help."

"No prob. She'll be good as new. See you later, kid."

"Later." I hung up and told Akali. "He found the issue with my bike. Low fluids."

"That was it, huh? I top it off after a couple months to a year. Keeps it running smoothly. But I guess the stress made you forget?"

"I guess it did. Well, I can drink tonight and celebrate both of my babes." She giggled and kissed my cheek, pulling out her phone.

"That reminds me, how long did you have that selfie of us back in high school?"

"Kept it around until now. I moved it to my social media's private section." I went through my calendar on my phone and saw something for next Wednesday. An interview. "Oh, goddammit."

"What?"

"We have an interview scheduled next Wednesday..." I groaned and planted the back of my head into the headrest of the seat, slightly whining. Akali rolled her eyes in amusement as she stroked my hair.

"You're such a baby at times..."

"But I'm your baby."

"You are, smooth talker. Now, focus on the road." I sighed and relaxed, getting back to driving. After a good ten minutes, I pulled into the back parking lot at the bar and shut off the car.

"Here we are." We got out as Evelynn's purple Lamborghini parked next to us, then Kiro's Murciélago on the other side. We walked to the entrance and went inside, taking a seat in a booth. A staff member came up to our booth a few minutes later.

"Welcome. Order for the night?"

"Three silver vine sake glasses, on the rocks."

"Perhaps some bourbon for the rest of us."

"Right away." They left, and we just chatted and made conversation as I scrolled through my phone. Suddenly, a call came up from a friend I made in my time in the military. Phantom.