Chapter 9: Injury? Gone./Interview Day

A/N: (I'll just use the power of LoL healing magic and OC bullshit for the first half of this, cuz I can. A little additional info about Lanza and his siblings: They are nephilim like our edgy boi Donte.)
(I'm sorry, that was the best example I could come up with off the top of me head, pls don't kill meh)

Lanza POV:

*the next day*

Thank God, Minji came through. Her doctor said he can get my knee fixed up if I come in today. It's a good thing she sent me the address of the place. Kiro drove me over and decided to stay so he could bring me back to the penthouse, since I won't be able to drive after this for a bit. I limped in with Kiro's help, as he told the receptionist I had an appointment with Minji's doctor. The receptionist confirmed my appointment, then called the doctor to reception. A few minutes later, he appeared and called me up.

"Lanza. I'm Dr. Hisagi. Minji told me she fractured your knee yesterday?"

"Yes. We were having a fight in the ring. No holds barred."

"I see. She didn't really explain it, said I had to get the story from you."

"Well, she's never been one for explanations. Shall we proceed with the operation?"

"Of course. Follow me." I limped behind him until we reached a small operating room. "Take a seat, please." So I pushed myself up onto the operating table as he went through the vitals check-up. After that was done, he instructed for me to lie down as he placed a lead apron over me, leaving the room to take the X-rays. "Just stay still, so I can get clear photos." I stayed as still as a statue as he used the X-ray, then came back in the room to retrieve the images. "From what the images present, Minji really messed up your knee. How'd she do it?"

"I was going for a high spinning roundhouse, but she caught my leg and dropped my knee hard on her leg. She twisted it too."

"Wow. You two were really going all out. Well, I've dealt with injuries like this before, so I'll have you back on your feet in no time."

"Thanks, doc. I guess I owe Minji one again. She's saved my ass a couple times before."

"Seems like you do. Be sure to thank her when you see her."

"Sure."

"Now, this may feel uncomfortable, but bear with it." He held his hands over my knee as a golden glow appeared, and what looked like runic symbols appearing on his palms. I felt my knee start to mend itself, like the bone was still in one piece. The symbols vanished with the glow, as I slowly moved my knee, which had the freedom to move as much as I wanted it to.

"Holy shit..."

"Impressive, huh?"

"I'll say. Thanks a lot, doc."

"My pleasure. But it's quite rare for a nephilim such as yourself to not instantly heal your injuries."

"Weird... Usually I subconsciously patch myself up with my abilities."

"Perhaps this time was because you were focused on fighting, not healing?"

"Maybe that was the case. Whatever the cause might be, at least I don't have to worry about using a cast, right?"

"You're free to walk, but do be cautious if you and Minji do fight. Doctor's orders." I chuckled at his subtle joke as we returned to reception. When Kiro noticed me walking about, he was surprised.

"Damn... He worked your knee back to normal, eh?"

"Sure did. He has impressive healing abilities."