Chapter 16: Workout/Production Time

Lanza POV:

*A few hours later*

After the crew got their shit together, they went back to their quarters as I pulled out my phone and looked in my notes for daily routine. Remembering that I lost a bit of muscle, I decided to head to the gym next to the studio. As I walked to the hall, I heard Akali's voice.

"Babe? Where're you going?"

"Gym. Wanna come?" Instead of saying anything, she and Ahri stood up and followed, Kai'sa and Evelynn shortly doing the same as I went inside and took off my shirt.

"Ooh, you've lost a bit of muscle, babe..."

"Yep... That's why I'm gonna start getting back into my full daily routine." Walking to the weight bench, I put on 75 pound weights on each side of the bar. In total with a standard 45 pound bar, I'll be benching 195 pounds in the morning. "Okay... let's try and get 50 reps in..." Lying down on the bench, I took hold of the bar when I heard Kiro clear his throat.

"Aren't your forgetting about a spotter?"

"Whoops.." Kiro chuckled before walking behind the bench.

"Ready?" I nodded, so he gave the go ahead. Lifting the bar, I slowly brought it down to my chest before pushing it back up, Kiro keeping a telepathic count between us. I had a few close calls, but eventually powered through all 50 reps before Kiro helped me get the bar back on the rack. Rolling my shoulders, I walked to the pull-up bar, hopping and grabbing hold, before flipping myself upside down and hooking the back of my knees on the bar. Taking a few deep breaths, I started doing crunches, fighting the gravity to rebuild my torso muscles. After about a hundred or so crunches, I grabbed the bar again and put myself the right way up, landing on the floor as I was tossed a bottle of water from my brother. Taking a few sips, I went to the punching bag in the middle of the room before taking four rolls of wrap and putting it on the proper way for maximum cushioning on impact for both my hands and my feet. Taking my fighting stance, I began to punch and kick at the bag, seeing the areas of impact bend and crumple from the force. Throwing punch after punch and kick after kick at the bag, I eventually gave a heavy straight to the bag as it flew off the chain and smacked the wall. Shaking my arms and legs, I took off the wraps and wiped the slight sweat building on my face.

"Okay, I think that's good for today." Taking a towel off a nearby rack, I wiped myself off before turning to my brother. "Kiro, I think we should get started on fixing R.T.L. and record some more studio versions."

"I'll grab the others." Nodding, I left the gym and went inside the studio with the girls, tuning my guitar as I opened up the computer to find the file. Once I did, I queued it up as I finished tuning my guitar, the others coming in ready to play. Sitting down, I played the song demo as I immediately stopped it.

"Okay, so let's get rid of the long string of notes for the intro riff, cuz it just doesn't feel right. Let's try something like..." I played a two-note string, the second note of every descending fret a vibrato. "Something like that, yeah?"

"Seems easier and less carpal tunnel inducing. So what else?"

"Aside from the intro riff, you need to whip up some kind of lightning solo."

"I can do that right now. Should there be a buildup of some kind to my solo?"

"There should be one, Lanza. Besides, they never expect it."

"True, true. We'll come up with a buildup for the solo, then."

"How should we close it off?"

"Hm... maybe using the intro as the outro as well?