Chapter 3: Truth

(A/N): Hey-o! Terminatr458 here to let you know that some chapters like this one will mention and/or show some things like drug abuse, PTSD, and all the things I can think of. So watch out for content warnings to know which chapters are going to get dark. Also idk(apologies for anyone who wanted something good with my OC's family)if I give you all a really sudden curveball with Lanza's family. Think you can figure out what it is?(Hint: Very early on, Kiro mentions it in some internal thoughts.)

Content Warning: Drug and Alcohol Abuse, Implied Attempted Suicide, Mentions of PTSD

Kiro POV:

Julie said she'd be at Terminal 4 when she came out of the plane, so I pulled up at the arrivals to spot my girlfriend with her duffel bag slung over her shoulder. I slowly pulled beside her, getting out to greet her.

"Hey, Julie."

"Kiro, I missed you!" She dove into my arms as we hugged, kissing shortly after.

"Welcome home, my love. May I escort you home?"

"Of course." She got inside as I shut the door for her, then I went back to the driver seat and did the same as I pulled out to the road and left for home.

"So, how was work overseas?"

"Ugh, it was so boring without you there. My temples were just about to explode!" Her point was further enforced by the headache she suddenly had as she quietly groaned in pain.

"I'll give you a massage later. How's that sound?"

"I need one very bad..."

"Rest for now, we have a bit before we get home." She nodded, putting her jaw on her fist as she relaxed and went to sleep. I focused on driving, but something was nagging at the back of my head. Akali. Lately, Lanza's been hiding so much from her, I think it's taking a massive toll on their relationship. Especially Dad's death. Then again, it was hard for me to come clean with it when I literally stopped texting J.C. for three months when I heard he died. I eventually arrived at the penthouse as I pulled into the garage, parking and shutting off my car as I nudged Julia awake. "Julie, we're home."

"Hmm...? Oh, okay..." She yawned and snapped out of her sleepy daze as I took her bag, slinging it over my shoulder as I helped her out and closed the door of my car. Locking it, I led her to the elevator and hit the penthouse button as we settled down.

"So... how have you been since... you know...?"

"Lanza took it the hardest. I have a bad feeling it'll wreck his relationship with Akali."

"Akali, K/DA's rapper?"

"That's the one. I have a feeling Lanza's on the verge of a mental breakdown..."

"Why? What happened?"

"You know how I said he got drafted into the military? There was a small terrorist situation at the time, and he killed and watched comrades die. That was about... three or four years ago. Ever since that, he's had more frequent nightmares along with his mild PTSD. But when pops passed, it was like we had lost him for good. Hell, I had to bring him to a professional therapist to snap him out of his PTSD-induced trance. We got him back, but I feel like a part of him still died with Dad."

"No way... has he tried-?"

"He stole Sophie's gun, but it's locked up tight in that drawer in his desk. Hasn't touched that thing since he stole it from her. I'm not so sure if there's anything else dangerous in his room..." The elevator dinged as the fancy doors came into view. I heard a few quick sniffs from J.C. as her mouth slowly started to water.