Chapter 23: The Comeback

Lanza POV:

*a few days later*

After that draining session of recording the hardest song I've ever had to record, I was informed by my girlfriends that they were going to release an MV of their new song as the entire group. So I waited for them to let me know when it was released, and when they did, I put on my earbuds and listened.

Man... this is a masterpiece of an MV. I could vibe to this for days on end when I'm not writing my own songs. Leaving a text that told them that they did an amazing job with the MV, I decided to head out for some fresh air and changed into some casual attire, grabbing my sneakers and putting them on, as I looked through a storage closet in the living room before fishing out something I used for the majority of high school.

 Leaving a text that told them that they did an amazing job with the MV, I decided to head out for some fresh air and changed into some casual attire, grabbing my sneakers and putting them on, as I looked through a storage closet in the living roo...

However... 

"Where did I put the trucks...?" Looking in the closet again, I saw a bag that was next to where the deck was and picked it up, seeing the trucks, wheels, and bolts and screws along with the T-tool. Taking the T-tool, I screwed the trucks onto the deck, then the wheels on the axles and set it on the floor, before steeping onto the deck. Surprisingly, it still holds my weight. Getting off my board, I picked it up and took my keys, leaving the penthouse and started skating again. "Man.. haven't felt the wind rushing by me in a long time."

Akali POV:

*K/DA penthouse*

I was in the middle of eating a bowl of ramyun when I decided to look out at the view of the city. In doing so, I caught the sound of something... nostalgic. Looking down at ground level, I just about saw Lanza riding on a skateboard. He must have decided to bring it out today. Smiling at him from up in the penthouse, I started thinking about the days where he always took it to school. Never once did he get caught doing tricks on school grounds. Even let me ride it once. Fell on my ass, though. Had to ice it when I got home. Still, an enjoyable thing to do.

*Flashback*

"Aki, check it." I watched as he pushed off and started rolling and picking up speed, using the half-bowl ramp ahead of us to get a flying start to the ramp next to me. He gave the board one more push before positioning himself to do an ollie, but instead I saw him put the board into a kickflip as he snapped his back foot down and around to pivot the board around his sneaker, getting both feet back on the board before cleanly landing on all four wheels and heading down the other side of the ramp. He rolled back to me before kicking up the board, catching it in his hand.

"Nice one." I gave him a thumbs-up as he smirked.

"You know, I've noticed you eyeing my board while I skate around. You wanna try skating?"