Chapter 8: Where He Lies To Rest/Battle of Titans

Lanza POV:

*the next day*

I was in the studio, digging through lyric sheets until I found the one I could use for an emotional concert ending. The things that are Still Worth Fighting For. In a way, this is something my dad would probably sing in his younger years. And now there's something I'm fighting for. Aki. My family. My friends. They are the world to me. Nothing will come for them when I'm in the fray. Folding the sheet and placing it on the corner of a sheet stand, I walked back into my room and went into the bathroom to wash up and prepare for a heavy day. And how fitting that it's raining... Oh, the sarcasm is fucking real today. Finishing my morning routine, I checked my phone, which had a missed call from my mom. So I called her back as I grabbed a long sleeve shirt, a pair of jeans, and a thick hoodie from my closet.

"Hello?"

"Mom? You called?"

"Kiro told me last night you'd be going to your father's grave. Bring him some red camellias, okay? He told me that was his favorite flower."

"Okay. I'll try and find some. If you want to come, I'd appreciate if you were there with us."

"I'll meet you at the cemetery. I love you, my baby boy."

"I love you too, Mom. We'll see you there."

"Be careful."

"I know." She hung up as I finished changing, putting on some socks and heading downstairs to meet my brothers, who were putting their shoes on. I opted for some combat boots to deal with the rain a little better. Once I laced my boots up, I called Aki, who answered immediately.

"You ready, babe?"

"Yeah. You wanna ride with me?"

"Sure."

"We'll stop by a flower shop, Ma said to bring Dad some red camellias."

"Okay. I'll be outside the door. Eve, Ahri, and Kai'sa are riding in one of Eve's cars."

"'Kay. Love you."

"Love you." Hanging up, the three of us head down to the garage and start our cars. Shiro was going to ride along with Kiro since he's still looking for a car that interests him. Anyway, I got Aki into my car and Evelynn was waiting. I signaled for them to follow where I go, and Evelynn nodded behind the wheel. I put the car in gear and drove off to a flower shop across the street from the cemetery. After a few tense minutes, I parked at the shop and got out, hearing another car pull up. It was my mom's red sedan, specifically, a 2007 Honda Accord EX. But my sisters were also riding along with her. Guess she told them. I walked into the flower shop and asked for a bouquet of red camellias, the clerk picking a fresh set from a basketful of them. I paid for them, then we crossed to the other side of the street and walked up the path of the cemetery until I found his gravestone, which had a cross at the top. All it read was:

Here lies Eiji Del Relampago

A loving husband, father, and friend taken too soon.

I placed the bouquet in front of the gravestone, pulling something from under my shirt. A rosary he gave me in my junior year. Unclipping it from around my neck, I gingerly put it around the gravestone's cross as I kneeled down to pray to him.

Akali POV:

I watched as he kneeled on the ground, as did Shino-nee, Kiro-nii, Shiro, and Yu-chan. Kira stood by with her head down as I walked over to my boyfriend and kneeled next to him. I saw a few tears start to roll down his cheek and as I wiped them off, his breathing started getting shaky. I pulled him into a gentle hug as he returned it and let his emotions pour themselves out, and the rest of our group joined in to give him the comfort and support he needs right now. I watched the girls give a glance of wanting to help him through this to me, and I subtly gestured to just comfort him. They joined in the comforting hug as Lanza slowly calmed down, Kiro-nii patting his back.