Chapter 22: Meeting The Collaborator/Hard Times

Lanza POV:

I had just dropped off Mom when I got a text from Ahri saying she is meeting the girls at their other studio. I responded that I'll pick her up as she sent the location to where she was. I made my way through town until I pulled up on a crowd of reporters asking my foxy girlfriend millions of questions. There was one that must've gotten her attention because she took off her sunglasses and gave a smiling response to before walking down the rest of the way. I revved the engine a bit to let her know where I was as she strolled over and got in.

"Hey, hun."

"Hey yourself. New car?"

"Yep. Fastest production car to date."

"Hm.. how fast can you get to the studio?"

"Depends. Give me the location."

"Here." She typed on her phone before handing it to me, as I looked at the particularly straightforward route.

"I can get us there ahead of the others, if you want."

"Let's go, then."

"Hang on for dear life." I took off down the road to the studio, and all the while, Ahri was giggling like a kid, enjoying the way I was driving the car. After driving through the hills, I saw the studio and parked up, shutting off the car and getting out. Ahri got out as well as she had me follow.

"So, what do you think?"

"A very nice place. So, this is where you're gonna record the new songs?"

"You guessed right~ Come on." I followed her to the recording studio as she cleared her throat. "I should introduce you to the guy behind the production. This is Yasuo." He looked to me and nodded as I nodded back. "Oh, looks like the girls are here. I'll be back in a sec."

"Don't be long." She kissed my cheek and left as I sat down on an open chair, opening my phone before I heard Yasuo speak.

"So, you and Ahri, huh?"

"Yeah. But she's not the only one I'm dating."

"That so?" I nodded with a look that said 'You'll find out soon' as Yasuo turned back to a book in his hand. Turning back to my phone, I looked through song drafts as I deleted some that would probably never work, then I turned my focus to some that went along well with our style. One that caught my attention was 'Last To Fall'. I have a vague memory of drafting this song in my head. If I remember correctly, I started writing this about... a month or so after Dad passed. It talks about denying the loss of a loved one, but coming to accept they're gone in the end. Someday, we'll meet them again when our time comes. Sighing, I closed my phone and put my head down, thinking about how the song is going to hit me personally when I start fleshing it out with the band. I was then snapped out of my train of thought from the door opening as I saw the girls and a new face with K/DA.

"Hey, Aki."

"Hey, babe." She kissed me and pulled up a seat next to me as Ahri cleared her throat.

"This is the one I told you we were collaborating with. Meet Seraphine." She nervously approached me before putting her hand out.

"Nice to meet you..." I gently shook her hand, sensing her nervousness.

"Same to you, Seraphine." She nodded with a small smile as I spoke to Ahri. "You all ready?"

"Whenever you guys are."

"Then work your guys' magic." They went to the recording room as Akali squeezed my hand.

"You okay?"

"Just a little mentally drained. Other than that, I'm alright." She hummed before sitting in my lap, embracing me as I returned the gesture. "Thanks, baby." She broke away and cupped my face in her hands with a loving smile on hers.