Three

After climbing the bottom of the cart I was hidden safely by the barrier. I sat down and brought my knees to my chest, trying to block the images of everything, that showed me my new reality at this small height. Now that I was away from Charles I had to be in survival mode, I knew I was in danger and I needed to find someone I could trust; but that has always been an issue for me growing up with my family.

It seemed like a lifetime that the cart kept moving, and everything was just flashing by. That was until I saw that we were in the kitchen, apparently. The cart came to a sudden halt, and I heard many voices in the kitchen. I couldn't recognize any of the voices of the workers, I started to stand up when the cart started moving again, making me stumble and fall on my knees. I tried to get up, but failed miserably. That's when I caught sight of a hand shoving down a napkin holder stuffed with napkins, I saw this as an escape. It was a risk, but I knew I couldn't stay down here on a cart, it's not like it mattered. Unless, I find someone who can help me at this size and can keep me safe until I find the solution to the regrowth serum.

I did it; I nudged my way through the napkins that were in the holder. It was a tight squeeze, but it made my size more obvious, because the napkins were taller than me. I kept hearing passerby voices, but I didn't pay much attention, I was studying my surroundings, I noticed that we had left the kitchen and the cafeteria. All that mattered was that I was safe from Charles, but my future was uncertain. The cart was being pushed through an elevator and when we exited we were in a hallway, that seemed almost deserted. I heard the door being open, but didn't recognize the room. "Mr. Madden I have your lunch." I could see legs walking by, but one thing that made me happy was to be in the room with Mr. Madden. "Your guest is here Mr. Madden." I knew I had to wait until the guest was gone until I could get Mr. Madden's attention, I sighed out of happiness and exhaustion from all the work I did today.

The napkin holder was being lifted with me stuffed between the napkins trying to remain hidden, until I knew it was safe to approach Mr. Madden. I heard the door closing, and people bidding goodbyes to Mr. Madden. The room was silent, and I decided to just poke my head out a little to get a glance. When I looked all I saw was Aiden; he was the wrong Mr.Madden and I've never liked him and I knew for a fact he was up to no good. Aiden was on the phone when the door burst opened and some obnoxious girl with a nasally voice walked in "Aiden my dear it's so good to see you!" Of course with my luck, the lady bump into the table sending the water cups spilling everywhere. I knew I had to get out from the napkins or I would be seen by the lady or Aiden. I start moving, but one of the napkins in front of me were lifted; exposing me to Aiden.

We both stared at each other; it seemed like I was paralyzed and couldn't move. That's when I heard the lady shriek "I'm so sorry Aiden, let me help you." I tried to run and tried to get away when out of nowhere Aiden grabbed me and clasped his hand surrounding me with darkness. I couldn't see anything. Finally Aiden opened his hand and I could see light, but that was right before he dropped me in his Starbucks cup and left me in there hidden away, just like Charles.

Man, I'm lucky that I'm a good swimmer or else I would of drowned in this cup of coffee, I mean not everyone could say they drowned in a Starbucks cup. I've been floating on my back singing some songs that were stuck in my head, but I knew it's been awhile since I've been here trapped. Suddenly the cup started to move and I started panicking, afraid that Aiden would just throw the cup away with me inside it. I guess Aiden has other plans, because that's when I saw Aiden's green eyes looking down at me, and he laughed. "Don't laugh it's not funny." All the times I have seen Aiden he's always messed around, never taking his father's business seriously and to think he will one day be the CEO, always being more of a party boy his named showed up in the news all the time. "You know Alina I'm not sure you should be telling me what to do." In all the times I have seen and met Aiden he never got my name once right, "I'm shocked you know my name." And with that he shook the cup, "It's not that hard when my father has been talking about you nonstop since I've been in town to visit with him." I smiled, happy that Mr.Madden thought so well of me, "I hope it's been all good things he says." That's when Aiden put the cup down and walked away from my view "Sometimes!" and then he was gone.

I hate him, he left me in his coffee cup it's been how long and I didn't even know if he would come back, but what was I expecting just within this day alone I lost everything. My career is gone the one thing that I worked so hard for, I disappointed Mr. Madden and to think he will never know what happened to me; to him my name will be tarnished, because I left him in debt of never finding the solution that would reverse the shrinkage of people. I heard noise in the room, but it soon grew silent and I sighed in relief knowing that I was still safe. Thats when I saw him, he was back, but I still couldn't let my guard down. "So, Alina are you going to tell me what happened to you?" I had to gamble, if he really was anything like his father, which I hope he is then I could possibly get help from Aiden. "First can you get me out from this cup? and then I'll tell you."