Twenty Four

We were sitting and watching the movie, and there were a few clips that made Aiden jump in fright. He tried to cover his flinching from the horror of the movie by popping his knuckles. I was super relaxed, it seemed anytime I had any alcohol it absorbed faster in my blood stream making me get a buzz quicker. "You know Aiden I don't know that much about you." Aiden directed his attention to me instead of watching the movie. "So tell me more about yourself, what's your favorite color? Or, what's your favorite movie?" I was blurting out , "Well for starters I don't think anymore wine is needed for you tonight." He reached to grab my doll size glass of wine, I tried to keep it from him, "But, Aiden I really want to watch another movie and have another glass of wine, I don't want to sleep." I was beyond hyped up on energy. "Alina I'm pretty sure you know enough about me from the news." I nodded my head and giggled, "No not anything from the news, like what's your favorite color?"

I found out things about Aiden, like his favorite food and his favorite color. "I think I shouldn't buy you anymore wine, Alina." I pouted as he poured more in his cup, but he didn't give me anymore. "So Alina tell me about youself, everyone at the company has they're own view on you." I interrupted him before I let him finish his last sentence, "Let me guess everyone says I'm a bitch, right?" Aiden nodded his, "I mean that's what everyone say's, but really what's your real story?" I was silent for a few moments, did I really want to get into this, "I mean there's not much to tell, just a bad childhood and the usual drama." This was always a tough subject for me, "My mom was young when she had me and my brother, and my dad was an alcoholic so they weren't really around a lot, but I had school, that was the only thing I really had." Aiden nodded his head, "And when I grew up I only had two things, my looks and my brains; or so that's what everyone told me." I paused thinking of the right words, "I was just like my mother with her look's, and everyone thought I would turn out like her." I was deep in my thoughts "But, I didn't want to be her. I wanted to go to college and finish school. Growing up with my parents I didn't have that opportunity I didn't have that as an option." I tried to keep my emotions from invading. I wiped the stray tears away, "All I knew was that I only had myself to trust and sometimes I've had to grow up and that involved being tough, and not caring about others, because eventually they will lose interest in you."

I slowly awoke with blurry eyes that was met with the intensity of the light of the sun. Once my eyes were able to focus, I looked at Aiden who was still asleep on the couch. I could only recall a little of what happened last night, but it didn't matter since I was currently experiencing a killer headache. I waited for Aiden to get up since I was limited in what I could do, I didn't want to wake him up he seemed so peaceful. I looked at him in awe, sure he was a good looking, yet I knew we was misunderstood. Aiden started stirring and opened his eyes slowly, when his eyes opened up we both made eye contact, "Remind me Alina we're not drinking for awhile." I nodded my head and smiled, "I agree with that."

The morning was spent with Aiden getting dressed and me getting a nice warm bath in a bowl. We didn't talk much, but it wasn't an awkward silence. Right now it's to get back on the plan, helping Marta and free all the people who Charles kept in his home. "You have a plan don't you? I can tell by the smirk you're making." I nodded my head, it could either work or fail, but no matter what I would everything I worked for.

"So you want me to tell my father Charles had the and offer him a raise and take your position." I nodded my head, Aiden was silent. He was still silent, "So you want him to be awarded and then, what have me sneak you down to the lab and fix you." He folded his arms, "Think of it like this he gets the recognition and then I can find out the ingredients, and then we can Marta and the others." I smiled "Think of it like this I'll be out of your life sooner." We both made eye contact at the same time, "Fine, I'll go to the office and meet with my father, but you don't get to come." With that Aiden made he exit, and I really do hope this plan works. I was starting to rely on Aiden to much and was slowly getting attached to him, and I knew how all this would end; and I would not let that happen.