Twenty Five

I've been waiting for Aiden to get home, he's been gone for awhile and I was alone. Hopefully Charles would fall for this scheme and admit that he does have the formula to reverse everything. I heard some noise in the house and was soon greeted with Aiden, I could tell something was wrong I could just sense it. "Aiden, what's wrong?" He didn't seem to want to answer, probably had something to do with his father. It was like Aiden didn't want to make eye contact with me, he was avoiding looking at me. Over the years I've learned how to read people and since he wouldn't make eye contact with me, I knew something was bothering him. "Did something happen with you and your father?" He didn't bother to to respond and went to a different room.

I don't know what happened with Aiden, he was perfectly fine earlier and now he was in a mood. It's not like I could actually go and talk to him and see what's wrong, I just have to wait until he comes to me. So I waited and waited according to the clock I was looking at it was almost ten at night. I heard noises and soon Aiden came into the kitchen, at first I didn't say anything; I was never that great with emotions. Emotions make you weak, and when I saw people express them it felt awkward being around them. He didn't say anything, "Did something bad happen with you and your father?" Aiden still kept himself busy and didn't even acknowledge that I said anything, So I needed to speak louder, "So is your father happy?" Again Aiden was just on his phone and was getting a wine of wine from the wine fridge. He was getting two glasses, I thought he swore we didn't need to drink anymore. The two glasses he was pouring were normal size, so I was a bit confused. I heard the doorbell ring and then Aiden turned to look at me, "I don't have time to deal with you." He picked me up dangeling me by the shirt and shoved me in a kitchen drawer.

I didn't know what Aiden meant or his plans, but I figured out what he meant a little while later. All the moaning between him and some lucky lady, or I mean some slut gave me enough information for me to conclude what he was doing. I was beyond pissed, here he was sleeping around living his life, while I was stuck in some drawer with utensils. For the first time in awhile I felt real fear. The one person I could really trust suddenly saw me as a nuisance, so I closed my eyes and dealt with my thoughts in silence as a usual.

I fell asleep, but suddenly was awakened by the jolt of movement. I saw a hand reach down for me and soon was alerted that it was Aiden, I was set down not so gently on a cold surface. At first I didn't have anything I wanted to say, but then thoughts ran through my head about everything that happened earlier. I was upset with Aiden and I didn't want to really say anything to him, "Tomorrow at eight we have a company party to celebrate Charles success." I nodded my head in understanding, hopefully everything goes according to plan.

The time came it was time for the party, I looked at myself in the mirror. I was still wearing some skinny jeans and a red shirt, my brown hair was pulled up into a bun. Hopefully everything goes according to plan.

We arrived at the party and I could multiple different voices and music. With the few things Aiden told me I knew the party was being held at Mr.Maddens mansion. So I waited until Charles would be up on stage and received all his glory for solving the solution that I couldn't solve, or so I thought. I heard Mr.Madden on stage giving introductions through a microphone, "Well tonight we're here to celebrate as a company, and one individual who expelled through their job." There were loud cheers from the audience, "Now, may I call up our dear Charles.He has since discovered the reverse for the shrinking machine. He is a valued member of Maddens corporation, and apart of our work family." All I heard was cheers and applause, I could tell Aiden was clapping. The crowd was still applauding when I heard Charles speak into the microphone, "Thank You everyone." I could hear Charles voice trembling like he did when he was in front of a lot of people, "Sadly, I only have one formula and I have been working on replicating with some issues; but I am confident in my work."

After this little celebration speech the party continued. Aiden walked around exchanging conversations and making sure nothing seemed out of the ordinary for him. For once for a party situation Aiden didn't seem to go all crazy like he normally would do. I still grew bored waiting for everything to come to an end. Thats when Aiden gave the cue, "It's go time." With that, we went to finish our plan for the night.