Thirty

We stopped at Taco Bell and we were eating in the care. "So Alina how are you so closed to my father, it's almost unreal for him to be so kind to someone, and especially you he is always talking about you to me. So what is it?" I took a sip from my Pepsi, sure Mr. Madden helped me and everyone wanted to know why? But's nothing bad, no sleeping together or anything, but I don't think it's my story to really tell Aiden." I looked at Aiden, while he was awaiting my response, "First, tell me do you think I would lie to you?" He was looking at me and nodded his head, "I would believe you." I smiled he trusted me, "I have never slept with or will sleep with your father, but it's really not up to me to tell." I could tell he was thinking about it, "Are we related, our you my sister from one of his girlfriends?" I laughed at his statement, but when I saw his face I stopped my laughing. "You really thought we were related? I can assure you we are not." I thought how I should answer this question, "It's not up to me, but it's between you and both your parents."

  Surprisingly, Aiden didn't push anymore for the answer, he just nodded his head and understood it wasn't up to me to tell. We finally reached where we needed to go to have access to the lab, when I walked into the lab, I laid my work bag on the counter and started to reach for my journal and the objects I had snuck home months before I had been shrunk, I laid everything out for neatness in my work area. This lab wasn't something that I was used to compared to my old lab; but it would have to work.

  I was reading through my journal of all the formulations I had listed that held the compounds to the serum to reverse shrinking. One of these had to be right, but it just depends on which one. "So, Alina what do we do first"? I looked at everything that was shrunken I had taken from the lab, "Well now I just follow my formulas I have written one must be right". This didn't mean it would be quick for me to figure it out, the current lab set up is much smaller and didn't have a lot of the items I was accustomed to, but that didn't defer me.

  I worked and was at least twenty pages into my notebook trying to get the mixture right and for it to work, I didn't even notice the time for me being in a lab is my home it's my favorite place to be and see what I can create. "Let this be the last time, I'm bored as hell!" Aiden wasn't much help he was like a child I had to drag to the lab with me. "It hasn't been that long or so I thought, but sure enough when I looked at my phone it had been a few hours. "Fine give me ten more minutes and then I'll call it a day and we can go."

 Aiden made sure I was done in the lab within those ten minutes. We were back in the car driving towards Herbert's house. "So Alina you're ready for tonight maybe Herbert and you might get some action." I blushed with that statement, "Shut up Aiden!" I stated to Aiden, while I nudged his shoulder in a friendly way, "You know I'm right Alina, with my help you'll be able to grab that loser."

  I took a shower and got dressed, Herbert said he would meet us at the restaurant that Aiden had booked for us three. I made sure my hair was curled and did a nice smoky eye and put some nice matte red lipstick to go with the blue dress.I walked down the stairs still waiting for Aiden he was taking longer then them so I sat down on the couch while I waited for him. When he came down he was wearing his usual suit and he looked good. Wait, did I just say he looked good, well I mean he has always looked good, because that's how he got all these girls to sleep with him. "Finally you take longer than a girl."  I got up and started towards the door, "Hey I never know when I'll be photograph." I walked out the door faster, and I yelled out, "Well at least we're out of the city so I highly doubt you will."

   When we arrived at the restaurant and we were standing at the door I was nervous, because I wanted Herbert to see me an a whole different way, I reached and grabbed Aidens arm. He turned and look at "What." I started hyperventilating, "I don't think I can do this, what happens if Herbert only still sees me as some child play dress up." Aiden took my hand, "Trust me Alina you look beautiful tonight." He then turned and opened the door for me and I knew it was time to confront my fears.

  We all ordered a glass of wine for dinner, but now I was on my second glass and I think Aiden was on his third. The only person to do the talking was Herbert and he never shut up, all he did was talk about science. I mean nothing bad about it, it's just I don't want to talk about science. I turned and glanced at Aiden and he had almost the same expression as me; and that is boredom. Soon enough we were all done with our food and Aiden nicely paid for the dinner and Herbert refused to pay a bill at a fancy dinner. "Well I'm getting tired, I should head home Alina do you need a ride home?" Before I could say anything Aiden butted in, "No, it's good me and Alina are going to look around town a little while longer." I just nodded my head in agreement. 

  We soon walked out into the cold parking lot, "I thought the dinner would ever in." Aiden said as we walked to his care "Tell me about it I never noticed how boring Herbert could truly be." Aiden open the passenger door for me and closed it when I got in, "Now let's go see what kind of fun is in this town." I smiled and looked at Aiden, "Hell yes!" And with that we were off to find something else to do.