Twenty

This whole night had been weird to say the least. Aiden thought his plan would be a quick fix and get Charles to spill his drunken truths, while he was sober; but it didn't work. I just couldn't wait until we arrived home so I could nag at Aiden.

 When we finally arrived to Aidens house of course, he didn't leave me on the counter like he normally does. I was set down on a soft surface and looked around and saw that it was a bed, it had seemed almost like ages since I've been this comfortable or even been back to my own apartment. I looked over at Aiden who was taking his coat off, "So how did you exactly think this plan would work?" I said loudly before Aiden walked into another room and closed the door. After a few minutes he came out dressed in what I assume in his house clothes, and then he threw something at me and it knocked me over. When I started to get back up that's when I realized it was his dirty socks. "That's fucking disgusting Aiden!" I screamed at him while I was trying to get away from his socks, of course he's an ass and he was laughing at me. "I'm shocked  little Alina knows how to cuss." Aiden was pissing me off so much right now, I stood up trying to seem confident. "First don't call me little, and stop making assumptions about me all the time."

  Aiden left me on the bed a while ago, he said he had some work to take care of and I was personally happy to get rid of him for a little. I was just happy to be on a comfy bed, so I decided to take a little nap, but that was short lived when Aiden burst through the door jolting me awake. "So tomorrow I'm taking Charles to my fathers gathering, I'm hoping rubbing elbows of rich people will make him want to take credit for finding the solution to reverse shrinking." I was all up for this plan except for the last part; Charles and credit why should he get his name known. "No, I don't want him to get the credit." Aiden exhaled and rubbed his hand through his hair, "You don't get it Alina it's the best chance we have, everything goes back to normal, all you have to do is let Charles take the credit for it." He couldn't, I didn't want Charles to get the credit for it. "Aiden you don't get it." But I didn't get to finish my sentence, because Aiden interjected. "Alina it's not really your choice anymore, I'm done putting up with you. Tomorrow hopefully we get the cure and then you can be gone from my life."

  After our fight Aiden left me in his room, I'm pretty sure he went to a different room in his house and went to sleep. When morning time came, I still didn't see Aiden. He was going to give everything I worked for to Charles, but Aidens words kept repeating in my mind Tomorrow hopefully we get the cure and then you can be gone from my life. It made me think was I that bad? It always seemed people wanted to get rid of me, and Aiden made it clear I would not be welcomed back into the company again. When I looked at the clock I then realized it seemed Aiden wasn't going to check on me or take me to this event, he was just going to leave me here.

  I was so bored just sitting here doing nothing, I just wanted to know what was happening at the event; and I was waiting for Aiden to come back home and I know I shouldn't, but I really wanted his plan to fail. Finally, I heard the bedroom door open and there was Aiden, dressed in his formal wear. "Okay, Alina there's been a change in plans." At this I was very curious what the new plan was.

  "Why is there a change in plans?" It's been almost a whole ten minutes since he declared a change in plans and he hasn't said anything else. "Aiden just tell me why there's a change in plans?" Thats when I noticed Aiden was mad, but it wasn't directed to me. "He has Marta, that little piece of shit. He has had her the whole time and god know what he's been doing to her." Aiden came and laid down on the bed, he almost seemed so fragile after discovering how bad Charles was. "Dammit Alina, how could he and why would he do this?" I mean I already knew how much of a horrible person Charles was, but Aiden didn't. "Don't worry Aiden, we will get Marta back, and we can get revenge on Charles; just leave the planning to me." Aiden nodded his head in agreement, and now I knew it was time to ruin Charles, I'll ruin him and I can guarantee that.