Fourteen

Nothing new has happened, it was late at night when we arrived back to the house. I was frustrated I didn't have the answers to anything at the moment. I was staring at the food Aiden had given me, but couldn't find it in me to eat it. "Alina you have to eat something." I looked at the crumbs I was given compared to Aiden's dish and what use to be normal food to me. I had that lurking thought in me about how I would live if I was stuck at this height; Aiden made it clear that I had to leave and I had no place to go or anyone to care for me. "Alina you have to eat." Aiden said an a more stern voice and I followed his instruction biting into a cheese slither of cheese pizza.

 I finished eating, but I was worried. I had to remain somewhat hopeful with the results I saw today. I was looking around trying to hide the frustration I was facing, I looked around and notice that Aiden was studying me with his green eyes. I looked away real quick, he was looking at me like I wasn't a person, like he was studying me. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I was getting annoyed by Aiden, I'm basically stuck with him everyday and the only interaction I have is with him. "What do you mean?" He was playing dumb pretending like I didn't notice him staring at me. "Don't act dumb Aiden I saw you looking at me." I may be overreacting, but I don't care. "I was just seeing if you were alright, god I'm sorry." He started to walk away leaving me alone, now I felt bad. 

   After some time to think things over I knew I owed Aiden an apology I was acting bitchy. I didn't see Aiden until the next day when he came dressed in his business attire and I knew he was going to go to the office. I knew now was the time to say I was sorry; and let me tell you I've always been bad at apologies. "Aiden, I wanted to say something to you." He turned around and I looked up into his bright green eyes, I never noticed how beautiful they were; but let me get back to the point of saying sorry. "Well, what is it?" He then turned to look down at his watch, "Well about last night I wanted to say I'm ummm... I'm sorry." The sorry part was almost like a whisper, again I'm not good at apologies and emotions. "I don't know Alina I couldn't quite understand the last part, can you repeat yourself?" I know what he's doing, but I needed to be kinder. "I'm sorry." Again he put his hand by his ear signaling me to repeat myself, "I'M SORRY!" I practically yelled. Aiden turned away from me and left me standing on the counter, "Wait where are you going!" I yelled trying to get Aiden's attention to no avail. 

   Aiden has been gone for how long and I had nothing to do, and to think I said I was sorry to him. He didn't even acknowledge my apology and he just left me and didn't bother telling me where he was going. I may seem like I'm throwing a child like fit, but he is all I have at the moment. All I could do was wait for him to come home; and let me say all I did was wait. I looked around the room looking at the surroundings that faced me. The kitchen was much nicer than my apartment kitchen I had. Suddenly I heard the voices of people and the sound of the vacuum coming from the other room; I could feel my heart race beating faster from the fear of being found. 

   I looked around and saw nothing that could hide me from the cleaners, so I had to try and blend in. I saw an older woman in her sixties enter the kitchen and start all the dishes that Aiden left piled in his sink. When she turned around, that's when the woman locked eyes on me and she smiled and it freaked me out. I know most of the people who have been shrunk have been given back to the family to care for them, or even in rare instances given to the victim's family. Looking at the lady she tried to grab me and I tried darting away from her before she picked me up from my shirt. She was holding me up to her eye level and I look away from her and looked at the height from the ground, surely if she dropped me I would die. "My, my,my, I've never seen a person shrunk before with my own eyes. I think you people deserve this for some of the crimes you committed." 

   She assumed I was a criminal and I could tell in her eyes she was disgusted by me. If only she knew I was the inventor of the shrinking machine and far from a criminal. "You shouldn't be roaming so freely around here." The lady walked towards the cabinet and grabbed a jar and dropped me in it, and put the lid on it with a small hole for me to breath and shoved me back in the cabinet in the jar and the darkness. Out of anger I pounded on the glass, before I grew tired and collapsed to the floor. Tears threaten to fall from my eyes, and I really couldn't hold it in anymore. I ended up crying myself to sleep, before I heard Aiden, "You did what Matilda? Where is she?" And just like that I was met with the beautiful green eyes of Aiden.