Six

When we walked into the lab and hearing that Charles voice made me feel nervous, but what sent chills throughout my body was when Charles admitted to still looking for me. "Well Mr. Madden I'm looking for something or more so someone." Aiden was silent seeming to ponder on the subject. "Well, who are you looking for?" I leaned closer to Aidens chest, to make me feel somewhat safe. I heard some movements of objects in the lab, "Well, yesterday me and Alina had an accident in the lab, and unfortunately it  malfunctioned on her and when I found her; she had shrunk." Just listening to him lie made me want to kill him, "And when I found her I made sure she was safe, and we tried to cover our tracks with the letter, but I can't find her and I know she's probably scared, but I have to find her." I could feel Aiden walking, but I did not want to look up just in case Charles saw me, "Why would you being looking for Alina?" I heard more noise in the lab movement of some equipment. "Me and Alina we have been having a romantic relationship, but decided it was best to keep it a secret.  Especially with my promotion now."

  Aiden said a goodbye to Charles and Aiden started walking without telling me anything. I decided it was best to stay hidden since I didn't know where we were off to. All I felt was movement and finally I heard a door shut and open. That's when I saw Aiden start to reach for me from his pocket; he gently placed me in the seat and I looked around and noticed we were in a car. "Are you taking me home? I could use a nice bath."  Aiden turned and glared at me, "First of all I'm going home, not you." I went silent, what the hell does that mean? "So why the hell am I in a car?" I didn't know what he was doing, since he kept me in his pocket it's not like I took up a lot of room; so I had no clue where we were going. "So what happens to me?" I stated trying to hide any fear within me. "I have no clue, but I didn't trust Charles and didn't want to leave you alone in that building where he almost has full access to find you." I laughed "Aww, aren't you such a gentlemen Aiden, you actually care for my safety." That's when Aiden looked down at me and gave me an almost angry look, "Let's get it straight Alina you mean nothing to me and you will always remain nothing to me, I'm only helping you to get rid of your presence in my life."

  After our heated exchange or should I just say Aidens exchange, since he was the one with all of the heated words, I was silent. I was still seated in the passenger seat, but he hadn't moved the car or me. Suddenly I was lifted up by Aiden and shoved inside his jacket pocket harshly, it's like he was taking his anger out on me since I was in a vulnerable situation. All I knew was that I heard the car start; but I had no clue what was happening.

  I was finally being lifted from the pocket by Aiden. My eyes squinted since seeing the light, instead of being greeted by the darkness I was becoming use to. I saw a kitchen that looked much grander than I was used to; and here I thought Aiden was not going to take me home. I was placed on the white marble counter and I saw Aiden retreat, but he soon came back without his blazer.  When looking at him, he seemed so frustrated and his face seems so stressed with his work. "Why did you bring me here?" I really wanted to know, if Aiden wanted to get rid of me like he could keep me hostage, but he didn't; it seemed like he wanted to help me. I sat up and looked at my surroundings, it was of course a kitchen and everything was such a shock to me at this size. I was busy looking around and was not looking at Aiden when he decided to talk, " I brought you here until the meantime, it seemed like it was the safest option." I just looked up to Aiden while he said those words, "I am a man of my words Alina; and I intend to keep you safe until all options are through; we made a deal and we will both keep it." I nodded my head, this deal involved me giving up my career, this was everything I worked for; but
like Aiden said we made a deal. With that, I nodded my head, making sure Aiden knew I would not back out of the promise I made with him.