Eight

All I wanted to do was to focus on my research so I could go back to my normal height and start a new adventure since I had to disappear. I was now seated on the sofa and was listening to Aiden make business calls. It seemed boring, but from what I could gather he was very good at talking business. He had charisma, he was polite over the phone and seemed to be very knowledgeable almost like his father, "You know Aiden you almost sound like your father when he works." He was putting his phone away in his pocket, before he started to make his way towards my direction and was looking at me. "What excatly kind of work did you think I do?" I was silent while I avoided making eye contact with him. "Excatly and that's why you're so hated within the company, don't you know the rumors about you?" I gulped, I knew some people didn't like me but being well like is not a part of my job. "Of course you don't Alina, half of the employees think you slept with my father for the job; but I know the rumor is false, because no Madden man would ever sleep with you." And with that he walked away, leaving me to my thoughts.

Hurt; my outer exterior always displayed a girl who was tough, but I knew otherwise. I knew I wasn't well liked at work, but that never mattered to me. Growing up I knew I could only rely on me, I had to I was almost always alone and had to find a way to survive. When I left my family and ran away, I knew it was the best for me, I had to. I was never lucky enough to have a stable environment or to live in the same place for more than a week. What made me different than my family was that I was smart, while I wanted to be in school, I was taught how to scam people or con them of money; but I didn't want any part in it. So I ran; I ran into a new life, one where I could become a better person. I went to school while living in a shelter, but everyday I showed up to class. I wanted a better future, I had seen all the pain my family had cause to other people, and I knew the only thing I had going for me was my smarts.

Aiden left me on the couch and I pulled my legs close to my chest. Everyone thought I had slept my way to the top. I didn't care; I couldn't care I was used to the feeling of being inferior and I couldn't let cruel words affect me. Aiden came downstairs with some of his luggage, while I was still seated on the couch. "Don't tell me Alina your still moping around?" I turned my attention away from Aiden I didn't want to talk to the jerk. "I'll take  that as a yes then." I didn't want him to know how irritated I was with him and it had only been two days since I was in his presence. He just continued on with freaking talking and I continued to ignore him, he just could talk to himself for all I care.

Aiden knew I wasn't responding to him or giving him the ability to bother me as it seemed like he liked doing. "Damn I'm shocked I haven't heard you whine for how long since I've been down here." Again I was sitting on the couch with not much to do, I was just stuck in his presence; not able to be free. "Something is bothering you Alina?" I'll give Aiden credit, at least he knew something was upsetting me. I turned to look at Aiden trying my best to tell him or show him something was not wrong. I nodded my head, hoping he would let the answer slide and he could go back to what he does best; being a jerk. "Damn it! What is wrong with you Alina ever since I have known you I know you don't just sit there and be silent. So what the hell is wrong with you?" I turned and looked the other way, trying to avoid any frustration showing on my face.

Aiden kept trying or succeeding in pissing me off, he just kept talking. It's not like he was even talking to me, he kept getting phone calls and I'm pretty certain some of the phone calls were not even work associated, because he was making plans for someone to spend the night when he arrived on his vacation; and I am almost certain that it's some woman for him to sleep with. I felt the pressure of the couch dip and trying to steady myself. I tried to remake myself comfortable on the cushion and turned to glare at Aiden. "So little Alina, since I'm taking you there is some rules you'll have to follow." I continued my glare at him all I felt was hatred towards him, he thinks he can control me just because I may be small. "Do not call me that Aiden." I said that through my gritted teeth, I don't want to be called small I was never small before, I was more then above the average height. "Is someone a little touchy at the moment?"  "Is someone a little touchy at the moment?" If I didn't want to kill Aiden before, now it was multiplied. "Just leave me alone." I hoped he got the hint, but that would be too easy. "Let me guess, you mad at me?" Was he dumb , I mean really. "No, I'm not mad, just been thinking." I felt the movement on the couch and had to steady myself. I heard Aiden give a small laugh, "I can tell that I did something wrong?" I nodded my head, hoping he wouldn't see through my facade. I could tell Aiden was judging me and I could feel his eyes boring through me. I nodded my head hoping he wouldn't be able to tell. "Anyway tomorrow I'm leaving and since you have to come with me just be ready." It's not like I had anything better to do.