Thirty Two

For the drive home I did most of the talking and now if anything Aiden was acting weird, not me. But I was so happy this whole thing is over. When we got back to the house I was able to take a nice nap before I got ready.

  When I woke up Aiden was no where to be found, but he did leave a note on the pillow, I went out to run some errands.  I started getting ready I wore the same dress from the other night since I didn't have any other clothes with me worthy of a night out. I went with a more natural look this time and just braided my hair. I went down the stairs and waited Herbert said he would be home from work around five and we would leave right away. I just walked around the house curious looking at pictures of our graduation pictures he had hung on the wall. He had so many friends and then there was me who had no one. I didn't see any pictures of me, but that's good at that time I was a child and it would probably look like he was my brother. I heard the horn honking and grabbed my things and headed out to the car.

  When I got into the car it was nice and warm, Herbert turned the radio so we could talk, or in this scenario all he did was talk about himself. What he did at work or how teaching at college was boring, it went on and on. I just listened trying to join the conversation, but it was all about himself it's like I never noticed how self absorbed he seem to be. Finally we pulled up to a nice French restaurant and it looked empty which was weird. Herbert held the door open for me and when I walked in the restaurant was empty, but then I saw him. Aiden with some random girl it's almost like I can't get away from him, the hostess walked over to us. "I'm sorry but the restaurant has been rented out for the evening." Me and Herbert were getting ready to leave when I heard my name. "Alina, Herbert come and join us." I didn't want to acknowledge my name being called, but Herbert had no problem in doing so as he grabbed my hand so I would follow him.

  As soon as we sat down I turned and glared at Aiden I had no clue what he was doing being at the same restaurant and inviting us to his dinner. The hostess came over and poured us some water in out water glassed, "I'll give you folks a few minutes to look over the menus." I nodded my head, and then I turned and glared at Aiden. "So you guys what brought you to this restaurant?" I asked trying to make small talk. Aiden turned and smiled at his date, "Well, I asked Herbert  and he recommended me this place so I could take out Mira for a special night." Thats when it clicked he wanted to up Herbert, I mean I could tell they didn't like each other almost instantly. Herbert had his arms crossed like he some angry toddler. "Well, Aiden if you told me you were going to rent this whole restaurant I would have suggested some other place for you to go." Wait Aiden called Herbert, that means he deliberately reserved this whole restaurant to ruin are time.

  The hostess came and took are order and Aiden and Mira were talking acting like a love sick couple, while me and Herbert were both silent. I tried to avoid staring at them, but it sucked. Here was my last night with Herbert and it was supposed to be just the two of us and Aiden is here ruining it. The food was good it was just not how I expected the night to go.

  The dinner was over and I placed my hand on Herberts shoulder "Lets go." I was hoping he would take the hint and we could go do something fun the two of us. "Okay, it is late we should head back I need to get to bed." BED! It's not even nine at night this was the final straw for me, "You can go home I'm going to go do something fun." I grabbed my stuff and pushed my chair, and exited the building as I could with these stupid heels I was wearing. "Alina!", Just keep going and ignore "Alina!" The next thing I knew was that Aiden was walking right beside me and keeping up perfectly. "Whats wrong Alina? I've never see you have a freakout before." I let out a condescending laugh and Aiden stopped me from walking "Thats because you hardly know me Aiden! We have never gotten along and sure you helped my when I was shrunken, but you always wanted me gone that's what you wanted. And now you won't let me, and I don't like it." I felt tears threateningly to fall. "I don't want to get attached to you because I know when we get back home I won't see you again." The tears were coming down my face as I couldn't hold them, Aiden was looking at me and he wiped one of my tears away, but I didn't expect what he was going to do next. Because all I knew was I felt his lips on mine, Aiden was kissing me and I liked it.