🔪 Twenty-seven 🔪

"My doctors can't explain, my symptoms or my pains

But you are my strange addiction"

------

[ C o l b y ]

I'm guessing I must've fallen asleep during the movie, because I woke up in my bed, except I was alone, and the blanket was thrown over me comfortably. Netflix was still on, but Sam lowered the volume cause it wasn't as loud as it was.

I scanned the room with my eyes for a few seconds before they landed on Sam, who was sitting in my chair, and he was on his phone, his free hand fidgeting with a pencil that was on my desk.

I smiled almost in relief. I would've been really sad if he had left without saying bye. But even if he did leave, he wouldn't think about saying bye.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes tiredly. He must've noticed I was awake because he looked up from his phone and smiled at me.

My hair was probably sticking up in all different directions, because somehow when I go to sleep my hair magically doesn't know how to act. Weird, I know.

I felt so tired. I couldn't tell what time it was because my curtains were closed. I patted around me, trying to find my phone. I eventually found it. I turned it on, and turned down the brightness quickly so it didn't blind me.

The time read: 3:26 a.m.

Wait- it's this early? And Sam isn't tired nor sleeping?

I sighed. He needs to get enough sleep for his well being.

Usually, he goes to sleep early. But I didn't know he also woke up this  early.

"Sammy, what are you doing up?" I asked, my voice scratchy.

It was silent for a moment, and he looked creepy just sitting in that chair with no light what so ever.

"I- couldn't sleep.." he said, almost hesitantly.

"Oh" I said, but only because I didn't know what else to say.

"Yeah.."

"Well, you should try to sleep. It's not good to stay up late. What were you doing anyways?" I asked, sitting up more.

"I was..." he paused. "I was on my phone" he said and shrugged.

I knew he wasn't gonna budge so I just shrugged it off and layed back down.

"Feel free to lay back down if you want" I said, pulling my covers up high almost going over my face.

It was silent. Like dead silent. You could drop a pin.

Then I felt the bed dip beside me. It startled me.

I felt his arms wrap around my waist and he buried his face in the back of my neck.

"M'sorry" he mumbled, and hugged me tighter.

"I-its okay" I said. Why was he apologizing?

----
Word count: 458
Hey guys! Here's an update. It's kind of short but I hope you enjoy it anyways :)