🔪 Twenty-eight 🔪

"Deadly fever, please don't ever break.

Be my reliever, cuz I don't self medicate"

-

[ C o l b y ]

I woke up again. Except, I didn't feel sam besides me nor in the chair he was in earlier. I felt a frown creep onto my face. He had left without saying bye.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes tiredly.
I threw the blanket off of myself and got off my bed.

As I glanced over at that same chair, I noticed sam had left something behind. I slowly walked over to it to investigate what it had been.

His....phone?

I picked it up gently, as if it was made of glass.

I noticed a dust build up. Is my room really that dirty?

I brushed off the dust, and clicked the home button gently. His screen lit up with a picture of me as his screen saver. I smiled.

It's probably not smart for me to be looking around in his phone, but I'm sure there's nothing bad, right?

I continued to look through his pictures -that were mainly me- and proceeded to look through apps until the phone got a notification that sam had gotten a text.

It read:

'Aleisha :)
Hey Sam! Long time no see, aye? I was wondering where you had gone and I remembered I had your number in my phone.'

I felt jealousy bubble in my chest, I didn't know why. It's not like sam liked this girl. Right? Yeah..right.

I tried to ignore it, but more texts came through.

'Aleisha :)
Hey...i remember you had a crush on me right? Maybe wanna go out some time?'

I felt tears burn my eyes. Stop Colby! It's not like sam is just going to ditch you for some girl. He loves you.

I threw his phone onto my bed and just let all my tears flow. Who was this girl and why was she texting my boyfriend?

I decided that later I would take Sam's phone to him, and slyly ask who this 'aleisha' girl was.

-

[ later ]

I checked the time on my phone. 12:30 pm.

It's the afternoon now. I spent my time crying and thinking of the worst on who this girl could be. Had they messed around in the past?

I groaned and pulled at my hair. That's it, it's killing me. I need to ask sam about who this girl is.

I got up from my bed again and slipped on a sweater.

I put on my shoes and left my house, ignoring my mother asking me where I was going.

I walked to his house, slowly, to try to calm down and maybe make it seem like I hadn't at all, but maybe that would be hard considering I've been crying for quite a while.

After a few minutes, I made it to his house, and knocked on his bedroom window since I didn't really want to deal with any of his family members answering the door and bombarding me with questions.

I saw the light turn on in his bedroom and he opened his curtain and furrowed his eyebrows out of confusion once seeing me.
He opened the window and gestured for me to climb in.

"Hey..what are you doing here?" He asked, but not in a rude way.

I sighed "I brought your phone since you forgot it at my house."

"Oh," he said with a nervous chuckle. "That's where that went" he said, and went to grab his phone away from me, but I held on tight.

"W-who's Aleisha?" I asked, barely below a whisper.

"Huh?" He asked, clearly not hearing me.

"Who's Aleisha?" I said, a bit louder.

He looked shocked.