Chapter 54: Night time magic

I was at my breaking point. My strength was slowly withering away, could the words from this woman I had no affection for really affect me this much? Was it the fact that my wife had heard lie after lie or was she really controlling how much strength I really possessed. I refused to let her be right so I chose not to react anything she said after that day.

"Michael"

"Hm?"

"I know you and my sister but I need you to try and get along with her I know what I told you"

At that moment I went deaf as if the words coming out of her mouth went completely mute. I had seen this coming before she did. I didn't wanna hear a single word about the woman causing me endless hell and I rather be dead then pretend to be happy or at peace while being in the same room as her.

"Sure babe."

I didn't mean it, but if it was gonna make her happy then I'd try my best. Sooner then expected in slithered the snake right into my living room. I hated when she was right.

"You really thought you'd ruin me and Diana's relationship. We're sisters. She's never gonna choose you over me. We have a special bond"

I completely ignored every word that slipped out of her mouth I was annoyed by this whole situation and wanted to have no more parts of her special sister. She looked at me and I looked at her smiling politely before getting up and retreating to my room while my wife and her snake of a sister continued to speak , hearing her voice roam the hall I balled up my fist very tightly while closing my eyes opening them slowly looking outside trying to escape my anger.

"Daddy"

Thank god a voice I actually adored hearing

"Yes princess"

"Are you okay?"

"Yes baby girl I'm okay. How are you today?"

"Good."

Usually I'd never lie to my kids but what good would it really do if she knew I didn't like her aunt. Plus I'd like to avoid arguing with her mother any way possible

"Livvie!"

"Sorry daddy I have to go mommies calling me"

"It's okay princess go ahead and go with mommy"

I was pretty good at hiding my anger when I didn't really want anyone to notice it. Without anybody catching me I snuck from my room out the back doors walking down to the rides before I could notice it a tear had fallen from my cheek onto my hand I sighed deeply ignoring it getting onto the Ferris wheel laying my head back trying to ignore the things that had been said to me. I couldn't shake it & I couldn't stop thinking about how I felt alone in this battle against her. Should I? Should I feel alone in this? After all it was her sister and I was just her husband.

"What you doing up there Mike?"

"Thinking"

"The real question is what are you doing here Dunk?"

"Well you weren't answering any of my calls so I figured something must be wrong for my big brother to be ignoring his favorite sister"

"I'm sorry you thought I was ignoring you, I'd never ignore you."

"It's alright."

I looked down looking at her as she looked up at me

"So how are you Dunk?"

"I'm okay Applehead, how are you? You seem down..."

"I'm alright... just adjusting I guess.."

"So when is this thing going to come back down?"

"Soon"

"Not soon enough."

I laughed wiping another tear from my cheek

"It will be I promise."

I continued looking around it look like a little ant running towards the rides, could that be my princess?

"Dunk who is that running towards the rides?!"

"It's Brandi!"

"Hi uncle Michael!"

Laughing as the Ferris wheel slowly got down I was happy to see my niece it had been such a long time since I had seen her. Look how big she is. God.

"Uncle Michael! Can I get on! Please?"

"Of course you can sweetie."

"Yay"

I smiled as she jumped up and down as the Ferris wheel got closer to her and she jumped into my arms I held her tightly helping her onto the Ferris wheel.

"You coming dunk?"

"I will later , Brandi looks like she wants to talk to you."

"Alright"

My niece was jumping up and down full of happiness and joy it made me smile as I try to recall being that happy as a child.

"Uncle Michael what's wrong? You look sad.."

You can't fool a child as much as we all think we can they can see right through it.

"I was but now I'm happy I'm very happy."

"Can we go on another ride uncle Michael?"

"Of course we can."

"Daddy!"

"Huh"

Looking back down I seen my daughter jumping up and down shouting at me

"Daddy! Daddy momma wants you!"

"Tell her I'll be there in a minute please!"

"Is it auntie uncle Michael."

"It's nothing important sweetie."

Before she could notice I was lying I sat her on my lap singing to her

No need to worry no need to fear just being alive makes it all so very clear , with a child's heart. Nothing can ever get you down with a child's heart you've got no reason to frown.

She smiled and giggled watching as the sun turned into the moon and the stars slowly appeared, all the lights began to light up the magic had begun my Neverland was coming to life. My daughter stood their waiting I pulled her onto the ride sitting her on my lap as Brandi and her began to speak to each other my mind drifted off into my escape.
Before I knew it I was took out of the trance of my escapism being shook by my daughter Diane and my niece Brandi.

"Yes?"

"Momma said she wanted you"

"Auntie?!"

"Yes auntie. We should be down soon and then I'll go speak to your mother for now let's just enjoy this time together okay?"

"Okay"

She smiled and I smiled back looking up watching the stars.