T h r e e

(Song: Faceless boy - Dear Romeo)
(Sam's POV (Ooo look who's here))

I sit on top of the roof of what used to be a flower shop, knowing Devyn would never find me here. We used to play this game all the time; if the person who hides is found in under twenty minutes they have to pay for the food we go get afterwards.

As I'm looking down, I see a boy with a parrot on his shoulder walk up to the building. He kicks the door open and rushes in, my eyes widen at that seeing as I love coming here and would never use force on anything here.

I don't give too much more thought into the boy downstairs, thinking he's probably just another explorer like me. As you can tell I'm a very trusting person.

My mind drifts back to the lesson my mom was teaching me, it's a very old song made by sirens. My mom is the type of person who is friends with everyone so it's not odd she would know such a spell.

I realize that I was humming the song the whole time; I curse at myself because that is pretty dangerous. The song is meant to almost numb people's brain and make them listen to your commands, nothing else.

Obviously, it wouldn't have that effect because I wasn't saying the words and it was at a very low volume.

You're probably thinking, hey Sam you're the kid of Fairy Godmother don't you need a wand? The answer to that is no, I don't know why but I can just do it with my mind. Can I use a wand? Duh obviously, anyone can.

I jump hearing very loud squawking.

"What?! You annoying bird." I hear being yelled, I immediately get up and run down the stairs. Why? Because I'm nosy and curious.

By the time I get down there all I see is the boy's red-black outfit and red hair. His gold ring covered hand closes the door as he runs.

I sigh, not getting to meet the new stranger. Hey, maybe we could have been friends. Judging by his outfit I'd say he couldn't be too much older or maybe my same age. I wonder if he goes to my school?

Before I know it my mind is consumed with thoughts of the mysterious boy who was out in such a rush. By the looks of him, there's no way he's from this side.

I start to pace as I think. OH MY GOD, HE MUST BE ONE OF THE NEW VILLAIN KIDS! I start to get excited. I've never met one of them before, there's no way they're how people describe so I'm not too worried.

I was one of the main people to really want us all to have one school right at the border so we could all feel at home.
I wonder what they're like, are they mean and cold? Or are they just like us with a bit more sass? Either way, I want to meet them.

Well, I guess I'll find out soon. I think as I walk to the window that no longer has glass in it since people have broken it down.

I look down at my watch to see how much longer Devyn has to find me. Wow, I've already been here for fifteen minutes. I hear noise coming from outside the door only to see Devyn quietly opening it and walking in.

"Hey, Dev."

"Holy hell Sam you scared me!" I giggle knowing she can't see me that well where I'm standing.