S e v e n t e e n

(Song: tongue-tied by Grouplove)
(Cole's POV)

"Well it's about time!" Mike smiles and hugs me. "Now that you're a free man, let's celebrate!" He yells and grabs a bottle of vodka making me a shot.

"You are ridiculous," I shake my head and throw the shot back.

"Another one!" He says giving me another one. I laugh.

"Mike! Just because you don't drink doesn't mean I have to drink double!" I still take the shot though.

"We have to party and you're no fun sober!"

"Since when do you like to party?!" I ask confused.

"Since right now! My best friend doesn't have to think about something that has been stressing him out forever, so excuse me if I'm happy for you!"

"And I love you for that but calm down a bit!" I laugh grabbing a beer.

"Fine, but we are still going to go dance come on!" Mike says dragging me to the dance floor.

(Sam's POV)

I sit there in shock like everyone else. Shea is known for being absolutely perfect and feelings have nothing to do with perfection... I mean that entire situation was a lot so I understand why she broke down.

So are they over? Is he done with this entire situation his dad put him in? Next thing I know I'm being lifted. "What are you doing?!" I yell at Brennen.

"People were about to trample you! Elton called off the game they are about to turn the music back on. You were just sitting there spaced out not listening so I picked you up." I glare at him.

"I'm going back to Elton's room," I tell him, getting out of his grasp, and cross my arms walking up the stairs. I need to think and I don't want to be surrounded by sweaty, touchy people.

Once I get upstairs I open the door seeing a couple kissing on the bed. My face scrunches grossed out. "Get out before the owner kicks you out," I tell them and open the door wide.

They roll their eyes and leave. I slam the door shut and lock it. People I swear absolute rabbits. I walk back over to the chair I was sitting in before and sit. Okay where were we?

Colby duh the only thing I've been thinking about lately. So is he gay? Bi or pan maybe? Maybe he is straight and that was like some weird one-time thing. I scrunch my eyebrows together confused.

Better question why do I care? I think about it for a while longer not coming to any conclusion. I look to Elton's clock and see I've been in here for over an hour.

I need to stop thinking about this. I get up to open and unlock the door to go back down to the party. As I'm rushing down the stairs I trip luckily I catch myself.

"You gotta be more careful Kitten." That god damn chuckle...

(Cole's POV)

An hour later and I am completely gone, this is all Mike's fault. Whatever, I grab another shot but right when I'm about to take it it gets pulled away from me. "You are officially cut off," Mike says dumping it down the drain.

I was about to protest but then I realized I probably should stop so I just nod. "I'm going to go find a bathroom!" I tell him and grab the wall. Okay this is going to be difficult, where were the stairs again?

Welp there's a 50/50 chance so I'm going to take a guess and go right... I probably should have brought Mike with me. The entire room is moving as if the walls and floor are made of water.