T w e n t y n i n e

(Song: Habits Of My Heart - Jaymes Young)
(Cole's POV (Back to the present))

"You know sometimes I really question if you're breathing when you get like this," Rojo says from the top of my head board looking down at me. I just groan in respond letting him know I am. "You need major help."

He flies over to I'm guessing my glass gold table from the sound of his claws hitting the glass. I just turn around wanting to get more sleep. He knocks something over and then I hear weird clicking noises. That bitch is calling someone isn't he?

I sit up and see him on my vintage telephone turning the rotary dial with his beak putting in the numbers.

He stops and puts his head to the phone waiting for them to pick up. I just sit and glare at him. "Are you at home? Great come over and slap Cole for me I tried to but it doesn't work as well with a wing. Cool bye." He holds the phone with his beak putting it back on the thing to hang up.

"Who in the hell did you just call?"

"Griffin, since someone deleted his number every time they got mad at him and Griffin had to keep giving them the number eventually I just memorized it."

The door opens from down stairs so Rojo flies out. I sigh and lay back down hoping they'll just leave me alone but knowing them that's not happening.

(Rojo's POV)

"Good you're here."

"Yeah so what's going on?" He closes the door leaning against it. They might act like they aren't close friends but I know damn well they would take a bullet for each other. Their personalities are just so similar that they bump heads a lot then few hours later it's always like it never happened.

"I honestly don't know what's happening with him, I knew he was going to be sad for a minute but he always pulls it together and realizes he made a mistake by now. I thought he'd realize but for some reason he's avoiding it." Griffin nods and thinks about it for a sec.

"He's probably nervous or scared Rojo. If I was in his life I would have had like 50 break downs by now plus he's not good with emotions. Hell maybe he's still refusing it to himself and just needs someone to knock some sense into him."

"Yeah we've tried that trust me it's not affective.."

"You guys have tried but I haven't so." He gives me a cocky smile and runs up the stairs. Hm fine have fun with that I'll be down here eating.

(Cole's POV)

Griffin lightly pokes my leg. "C sit up please." What? Griffin? Being nice? What the actual hell this must be important.

"Ugh fine." I sit up and raise an eyebrow at him.

"What's wrong? You're about to literally give Rojo a stroke." He quietly laughs. "And don't give me any of that 'nothing everything's fine I'm just chilling' stuff either."

I bite my lip and look down to my ringless hands yeah haven't really been getting ready. I blow hair out of my face trying to collect all my thoughts. 'What's wrong?' Such a simple question to ask yet one of the hardest to answer truthfully.

"I want to be with him Grif." Seems like a decent place to start.

"Then what are you doing? Go! Go sweep him off his feet and apologize for the past week."

Everything comes rushing back to my head too fast causing me to squeeze my eyes tightly shut. "That's what I want to do but it all just feels so complicated. Especially now, like we're not even supposed to be on the same side as each other. Even if we could I don't want him over here you know how many of us want them dead he would be in constant danger over here. Not to mention he deserves so much better, someone he can take to his moms/friends house and be proud of. I just feel like it's not even a option to be with him happily but I want to it's just like.. why can't I? Why the hell does it seem so hard for us? It's not fare Grif, it's not fare that we aren't supposed to get a happy ending when I want one so bad. Why can't I have one?" By the end there's tears streaming down my face and I'm clutching onto my self.

"Hey look at me." I lift my head looking to him. "You can, fuck our stories go write your own. At the end of the day the only thing holding you back is your own thoughts C, let go of them. Lets just say you both are normal people that like each other that's it, live in that mind set. Are you going to face more challenges? Yes but is Sam worth it? That's the only question that matters and only you have the answer to it."

I deeply inhale and nod. "He is Griffin he's so fucking worth it." He smiles at me proudly.

"Then there you go. Go shower put on some comfy clothes we're just chilling for the rest of the day I'll call all our friends over and then tomorrow go tell him, don't let anything stop you either."

"Thank you," I whisper to him knowing I  wouldn't do that if he didn't come here today.

"Of course now go! I miss my sassy always ready for a fashion show friend!" I laugh and get up going to the bathroom.

I stand under the shower with my mind finally at a conclusion my thoughts at rest.  I'm probably going to have to give him a speech on how much I messed up, he's probably pissed me with good reason too.

Well we'll see what happens tomorrow I guess.

I get down stairs and see everyone chilling and joking in the living room. I stop at the end of the stairs and just watch for a second. God I'm so grateful for these people it's insane I don't know what I would do with out them.

*Sigh* The drama is finally over you are going to be getting some official Solby content😌
Lots of love- B🖤
(Word count: 1058)