N i n e

(Song: Hurt by Oliver Tree (this was not proof read so I'm so sorry for any mistakes))
(Cole's POV)

I was up all night thinking of how me and all my friends have been acting since we heard that we were going to one school.
It's like all our personalities changed to fit in more, we haven't been acting like us. I mean it's not like we changed every single thing but we've definitely been acting way different.

And now that I realize that, I'm definitely not okay with it. We're villains and if they can't accept that then forget them. Also I've been way too soft and trusting, I mean come on being friends with Aladdin's kid? What was I thinking? I asked Rojo if he thinks I've been acting weird, he went on an hour long rant... in conclusion, he agrees.

Yeah well I'm done with that, I'm not changing for anyone anytime soon. I shake my head of all the thoughts, getting out of the car, walking up to the school.

I start walking into the school when someone grabs my shoulder. "Hey X," I greet her in a monotone voice as I keep walking, not looking behind me, just knowing it's her from the small hand covered in rings.

"God, who slapped your ass?" Xepher asks. Leave it to her to say something like that.

"I said two words," I respond, shaking my head and chuckling.

"Yeah but you're my bestie, I know when something's up so what's happening?"

"Nothing I just- don't you think I've been acting different? You and Scotty are the only people I feel like are acting the same."

"Yeah, I um, I wasn't going to say anything because I don't know if it's a bad thing, just odd," she tells me. I nod and open the door to class.

"Hello Jacob," I say and sit next to him, Xepher sits next to me.

"Hi!" He says excitedly and then looks at us.

"Why do you guys look so serious?" He asks, eyebrows furrowed.

"Because Cole's going through a mid life crisis at sixteen," Xepher says jokingly with a smile.

Jake, being Jake, obviously didn't catch on. "Oh my god dude, why didn't you call me? Is everything okay? What's happening?" Jake asks worriedly.

"Don't worry I'm good, just realizing some things, X was joking with you."

"You sure? You know I'm here for you, right?" This boy I swear. I grab his shoulders and start shaking him.

"I'm finnnnnnne," I let go, smiling.

"Okay! Sorry for being a concerned friend," Jake says looking away with a pouting expression. Xepher and I just smile and shake our heads.

I look back up and see Sam smiling at me. The bell rings signaling class is starting, I just look away and to the teacher, forcing myself not to look back at him.

I walk to my fourth class with my head down and when anyone makes eye contact with me I give them a glare. I'm really hoping Sam's already seated when I get there, knowing he will come sit next to me if he's not.... To my luck, when I open the door I see he's not here yet. Great.

I take a seat all the way in the back, hoping he won't see me. He walks through the door, not smiling but still carrying the light and happy aura that he just has. He looks around the class, seeing where's open. He looks to me and starts walking over still not smiling. I'm fucked, let me fill you in on why. Okay, so I have this thing I like to call The Pusher, and what The Pusher does, is it forces me to push everyone as far away as possible. 'How do you have friends then?' you ask well they are all consistent fuckers that wouldn't stop for years till I just finally gave up.