T w e n t y s i x

(Song: Let Me Down Slowly - Alec Benjamin)
(Sam's POV)
(Back to the seen from chapter twenty four)

I'm still sitting against the wall when I hear the the main door come swinging open. My head slowly lifts revealing a frantic Devyn looking pissed but also crying. She looks around the place like crazy pulling at her hair. Then we make eye contact and she comes running over.

"Sammy!" She gets on the floor pulling me into her lap hugging me since I'm a bit smaller than her. I bury my nose into her shoulder finding comfort in her strong scent of amber.

"What happened where'd they go??" I look to where their cars were always parked and shake my head.

"They're gone." I look at her. You know when your heart aches so much that for some reason you just smile as tears run down your cheeks like rain drops racing down a window.

Her eyes glaze over with a light red gloss probably irritated from her rubbing at them. "I- they- What do you mean they're  gone?"

'I'm so sorry Sam I should have never gave you hope on us' 'This was a mistake' 'I should have stayed far away from you' 'Goodbye my Sunshine.' My mind flashes back to everything he said.

Next thing I know I'm sobbing feeling my air ways struggle. I know this is a lot for someone I wasn't even dating.

He came into my life and I could immediately see him being in it forever even just as friends. I guess you could say he swept me off my feet... literally since he was always picking me up. How did such an amazing day turn into this?

He made it seem like he wasn't going to leave so I let myself attach. I let myself make him apart of who I am. It's something I've always done with people I'm close to without them I'm broken my emotional attachments run so deep.

"Dev it hurts it hurts so much make it stop."

"Shh shh you're okay I'm right here okay I got you breathe Sammy you need to breathe." I shake my head trying to focus on my breathing for her as she rubs my arms whispering to me trying to get me to calm down.

"Sam!" My head looks to the parking lot seeing my mom get out of her car rushing over here. I try and steady my self enough standing up going over to her. She pulls me into a hug which I gladly take.

"Are you okay?!? I got a call saying a bunch of kids got hurt." I nod pulling away from her.

"I'm okay." She puts her hand on my face examining me.

"You definitely don't look okay."

"I'm okay on the outside that's all that matters..." She shakes her head running a hand through my hair.

"My beautiful son how wrong you are, you being emotionally okay is just as important as physically because guess what? If you stay not okay in here," she points to my heart. "Then you will become not okay out here."

"Please just take me home?" I whisper. She sadly nods not pushing and leads me back to the car. I get in the back seat laying down.

I'm drifting to sleep when my door opens. "Hey.." Aryia and Devin walk in her looking almost as bad as me. "How you doing?" He ask them sitting on the bed.

"Fine." I stare out the window just wanting to get left alone with my thoughts.

"They'll be back Sam.." Devyn says gently.

"Ha, wishful thinking." I pull the blanket up higher covering my arms.

"What did he say to you? I know you wouldn't be acting like this if he just left. You would be doing everything to get over there."

One hour later and I finish my rant about everything that happened I lost count of how many times I sighed or had to hold back tears. "And I'm not even sad about all that! I know him I expect him to keep pushing me away for awhile. I'm hurt that he broke his promise... He promised that he would always be here, but he's not, he left." I look down to my hands that I was just trying Colby's ring on this morning.

"And yet! I'm still sitting here in his hoodie.." I grab a pillow screaming into it. Honestly how do I just push the restart button on life? I could have just stayed at his fucking gorgeous house in his warm bed but no! I had to suggest going to school yeah smart one Samual.

"Okay so the first thing we need to do is you should take off that hoodie since it's obviously not helping the situation."

"Try to take the hoodie off and I'll kill you." I glare at him. 

"Okeyyyy you know what I think we need? Lots of food and Comedy movies that have nothing to do with relationships." Aryia looks at us both with a worried smile. I get out of bed to start the popcorn that sounding like a great idea.

Filler chapter! Lots of love- B🖤
(Word count: 867)