E i g h t

(Song: Talk To Me by Cavetown)
(Cole's POV(same day))

It's the end of school and I'm heading to my locker, I feel a small hand grab mine.

"Hello Shea," I say in a bored tone.

"Wow you seem exited to see me, we haven't even really talked since the beginning of the school year, and I know that whole thing Mike said about the koala was fake. That idiot was talking about it in a class that I'm in," Shea rants. I really don't appreciate her calling Mike an idiot one bit, only his friends can do that because we're only joking.

"Sorry, it's just a joke in the friend group. Classes have had me really busy, I don't really have time for hanging out with anyone," I tell her, both things being a major lie. I close my locker and turn around, leaning on it, facing her as she plays with my hand.

"Well why can't I sit with all your friends? You know, so we can actually talk and I can learn the inside jokes," she says sadly. Okay so here's the thing on what I'm about to say, just keep in mind that I am in no way interested in this relationship but that doesn't mean I want to be the reason she's sad... She doesn't deserve that.

"I mean if you really want to you can, but just keep in mind we're a bit much," I say. God, please say she rather sit with her friends.

"Really?! Okay yeah that's fine I'll sit with you guys from now on! Who knows maybe they'll love me and I'll be apart of the permanent friend group," she says, very excited. Oh trust me they won't.

"Hey do you have a lot of school work? Maybe we could spend a little alone time together," Shea asks. Okay what do I do right now? Act like I was zoned out and didn't hear her? No, she'll just repeat herself. Tell her you have a ton of homework? Nope she'll ask to come over as I do it. Just go spend a miserable hour with her and then you're a free bird?... ugh yeah fine.

"Yeah sure that sounds good. Where were you thinking?" I question.

"Nothing fancy, just a little coffee shop everyone here goes to." Yeah that's fine, we can just drink our drink and then I'll drop her back off at school.

"You wanna go now?" She asks. I just nod, she smiles and takes my hand, walking out the door since my locker is very close to it. I look to my shoulder and see Rojo trying not to puke, same dude, same. We walk over to my car and she lets go of my hand, giving me a quick peck before going to the other side. She did not just... Ew I'm way too gay for this shit.

Okay so yes I am bisexual but I most definitely am not Sheasexual. "Where's the coffee shop?" I ask.

"Oh! I always forget you're not from here, it's (random address)." That's the same place Devyn said. I guess a lot of people do go there.

We walk into the coffee/tea shop and the worker behind the desk immediately starts flirting with Shea, she just stands there awkwardly, waiting for me to like tell the guy off or something. Yeah no I'm not doing that. I look around the store and see- nope we gotta go Brennen Devyn and Sam are here. "Hey babe do you wanna go somewhere else?" I say purposely in a jealous tone knowing that will make her listen if she thinks I actually care.

"Yeah sure-"

"Cole!" God damn it Devyn always catching me.

"Why the hell does she know you?" Shea asks. Now that, ladies gentlemen and non-binary pals is what we call, actual jealousy.

I ignore her of course. "Heyy Dev, what's up?" I ask and walk over there. Hoping they won't even acknowledge her existence, Brennen already knows her thankfully but Devyn and Sam have no idea.