E l e v e n

(Song: Can't Get Enough by Basenji)
(Cole's POV (Same Day))

We walk into the school right when the bell rings so Sam and I walk over to my locker, waiting for Mike to come out.

He walks out and immediately comes over to us. "Oh Sam? Didn't expect you two to be together," Mike says kinda confused since that's what we talked all about in the treehouse.

"Yeah um hey, are we hanging out right now or is it fine if I go do my own thing?" I ask, wanting to make sure it's fine with him.

"Are you crazy?! Go out, have fun you crazy kids! Bye Samuel." Sam looks up at him worried.

"Yeah?" Sam asks in a small voice.

"If I don't see this boy home by exactly 11:30 and yes, that's pm, I'm going to come hunting you both down like a dog. I don't care what you are in the middle of," Mike says in his 'older brother' voice.

Sam laughs. "I promise no later than 11:30 pm on the dot." Sam puts out his hand to shake Mike's, sealing the deal.

"Okay then I'll see you later M, you're sleeping over tonight right?" I ask Mike.

"Yep! That's how I'll know if you're home, now go have fun!" Mike tells us while shooing us the off. Me and Sam smile and start walking back to the door.

"And don't forget to use protection!!" Mike yells so loud that the whole school probably heard. I look over and see Sam so red that he looks like he might blow up, frozen and staring ahead of him. I look over and see not only Mike looking at us, but the whole hallway, and some even joining, hearing it from a different hall.

"You're dead when I get home Micheal!" I yell and laugh, grabbing Sam's hand and running out the door. Once we're both out and down the stairs we look at each other and smile.

"Wow, you sure do have an out-there friend don't you?" Sam giggles, shaking his head.

"Yeah he's a handful but fun to have around you know."

I look over to my car. "Do you have a car? And if so who should drive?" I ask.

"Um no I don't so you probably should," He says, pointing at me cutely.

"Okay then. This way," I nod in direction.

"Slow down, I can't keep up with your long legs!" Sam yells from behind me. I laugh and turn around, stopping.

"Come on then!" I wait for him to catch up. He walks a bit faster and is by my side in no time.

"Ooo is this your car? It's so pretty and shiny!" He says and runs up to start touching it. I chuckle

"Yeah it is, hop in," I say, unlocking it and sitting down. He wastes no time to get in and buckle up.

"Seat belt Colbs," He says, noticing mine isn't on.

"Now why would I do that I'm a rebel," I say in a tough voice.

"Pwetty pwease?" He says pouting with big eyes.

"Okay fine, but! Only for you Sunshine." I buckle up. Who could say no to that?

"Yay! Off to- where are we going?" Sam asks, looking at me.

"I have no idea you're the one who lives here." I smile at him. He just makes an 'ohhhh' face.

"We could go walk around where all the shops are?"

"Uh no, had a bad experience there."

"Okay, to the tea shop?"

"Again?"