T h i r t e e n

(Song: Crazy For Your Love by Johnny Utah (the song goes better with the second half of the chapter))
(Cole's POV (One day time skip))

Monday, the worst word ever as far as I'm concerned. You know what makes it even worse? The fact that I have to walk in that school and see Sam. Devyn told me that she told Sam about all of us hanging out all weekend. So now what? He's just going to think that I only didn't want to be friends with him?

Because that is not the case, I wasn't planning on being friends with any of them but Devyn and Brennen just found their way here so I'm stuck with them. I don't want Sam thinking it's his fault, that he did something that made me not want to be his friend.

You know what's so fucked up? Feelings; they suck and they're confusing me.

"Red alert!! I repeat, RED ALERT!" I hear being yelled from downstairs. Do they not know what a doorbell is? I shake my head and finish putting on my shoes going, to the door.

"What's a red alert, psycho?" I ask Jake as I sit on the couch.

"Okay so I went to school early because I was going to hang out with Corey but then I remembered what day it was!" I look at him confused, not having any idea what he's talking about. He gives me an 'Are you serious' look.

"Omg! And they call me the dumb one in the friend group, it's LYS day!" My eyes widen. Let me fill you in, LYS which stands for 'live your story' day. It's pretty much a day where we go over all the history of our parents and what we can do to be more like them; or in villains' case, what they can do to make us feel as shitty as we can about ourselves and want to change everything that makes us, us.

It's pretty much national be extremely rude and hurtful to us day. In our school we would get to do fun things in class to pretty much celebrate us still being here (they've killed some of us on this day before). But in this school it's not going to be the same, we aren't going to be proud of what makes us different, we are going to be forced to the back and be treated like peasants.

"How did I forget?" I whisper.

"Me too brother if it wasn't for all the nasty looks I was getting I would have had no idea..." all of the sudden we hear a strong knock on the door. Me and Jake look at each other.

"It's your house I'm not answering it," Jake says. I roll my eyes and get up.

I open the door and am greeted by the woman who pretty much raised me. Ursula, Jake's mom. (Which who am I kidding you already know who she is). "Sweetie it's been too long you already grew! Oh my, wow look at you! Some of that chub is coming off your face, you look like such a handsome young man," she says while putting her hand over her heart.

"You gonna gush or give me a hug?" I smile. She goes into my arms and I hug her tightly. Hey my dad might be an ass but Jake has an amazing mom. No she's not an octopus on land, I know what you're thinking, she's in her human form.

And no she's nothing like the stories make her out to seem... That's a lie, she did all those things to Ariel but her entire family deserved it so I don't feel bad, they like to leave out what our family went through when the actual story began not the cropped version.

"Mummmmmmm what are you doing heeeere?" Jake wines.

"Oh shush child I was just checking on you guys to make sure you were okay, it being your first LYS day in the new school. Where is Micheal and the rest of you?" She asks.

"Um I don't know actually they might have just went straight to school. One second let me call them." I pull out my phone.

"What do you want from me?" Mike says the second he picks up.