#4

Park Minah was grateful to be working on her current job and it's thanks to one man, her ex-senior that she was very closed to back in the university where she went into, Park Jimin.

That man, out of the blue called her and asked if she had a job already or not. She said yes at first, but she had known Park Jimin and how he had his way with his words.

"Where do you work currently?"

"At the main branch of Wolim Group."

"As a?"

Minah sighed from the question she was getting because she was then reminded of how shitty her work was at that time. "Salary woman. The salary is okay, though," Minah said, but she could've sworn that she heard that man laughed maniacally but she chose to ignore it.

"I can judge already that your work is shitty. How about you resign from that hell-hole and work as a secretary in the biggest company in South Korea? I can assure you that the salary is ten times your current one."

She gasped at the information then. "Oppa, are you a CEO right now? Woah, awesome!"

Laughter could be heard from the other side of the line. This time, the laugh sounded embarrassed. "No, I'm just a florist, remember? I thought you knew that?"

The woman then remembered that she had visited his flower shop about a month ago.

"I'm just happened to be the CEO's best friend," Jimin continued, and Minah could tell that the man was smiling while saying that.

Minah then hummed at the information. "So..." Minah said, trying to fish her senior into talking more about his earlier offer.

"The CEO of that company, as I mentioned as my best friend, couldn't stop bothering me about his secretary who couldn't do her job well. He mentioned that every time we met and I eventually grew tired of it. Last time we met, he mentioned that he already fired his secretary and is in need of a new one."

"And?"

"And... Somehow your face popped up inside my head. So here I am, calling you. Just think of this call as me casting you for the job."

Minah pursed her lips. "But, how do you know if I'm qualified enough to be a secretary?" She asked uncertainly.

"Minah, you were a secretary of the Student Executive Council back in the university for a few years. You were my secretary, and you were the best then. Though it could be different, you have what it needs to be a secretary."

That was the first thing that had led her to be working as the new secretary of the CEO of the Kim Enterprises Holdings, Kim Taehyung.

~o0o~

Thinking about the past, Minah couldn't help but think about Park Jimin. Her senior had mentioned that he was best friend with her boss, Kim Taehyung. He could probably help her with getting to know about the CEO and his fiance, Jeon Jungkook.

"Oppa, are you free this Friday?" Minah asked once Jimin picked up her phone call.

"Yeah. Why? What's up?"

"Can we meet up somewhere?"

"Sure! I'll drop by your apartment at seven if you want?"

"We could just meet at a restaurant or a cafe or something. I can use public transportation. I'm the one who-"

"No no no, Minah. I'll pick you up this Friday at seven. See you!"

Minah could only sigh as she couldn't decline the offer when Jimin ended the phone call.

~o0o~

Friday eventually came, Minah found herself at a cafe with Park Jimin, who was sitting across her. The two had already finished their dinner that evening so they chose to close it with some desserts which were already being savored halfway.

The two started talking about their university lives back then until finally, Jimin mentioned about her new job being a secretary.

"I met the CEO's fiance this Tuesday."

Instantly Jimin's face lit up. "Oh, Jungkookie?"

Minah nodded. "I'm so embarrassed that day. What a first impression!" Minah groaned when she was to remember such an incident.

Jimin grinned, telling Minah that the conversation had shifted into something more interesting. "Oh, tell me! Tell me!"

The secretary narrated the whole thing that had happened, ending it with a question. "Oppa, do you know him personally?"

Jimin was currently laughing. He was imagining the mortified look Minah was supporting when Taehyung slapped Jungkook's ass that day.

"We have known each other since diapers, so pretty much I know them inside out now. You can say that the two are childhood sweethearts?" Jimin ended smiling.

"How did they engage? When?"

"They made a silly promise with each other when they were still in diapers that they would be marrying each other, never thought that Taehyung would take it seriously. Taehyung asked Jungkook out when we were in high school. They engaged when they finished college."

~o0o~

Minah had been working at the Kim Enterprises Holdings for over two months now. Her routine was the same. She would have her lunch at eleven and came back to her desk before twelve as instructed. During that time, sometimes she would encounter the CEO's pretty lover, Jeon Jungkook.

So far so good.

That morning, as usual, she went to work before the CEO arrived. She went to the cafeteria on the ground floor of the building to have her lunch, and went back to her desk before twelve, as usual.

Minah liked her current job. Jimin didn't lie about the salary, it was ten times her previous one. She didn't have to worry about her life for three months ahead with only from the one-month salary she received. So far, she did a great job.

She actually thought that she would stay working there for a few years ahead, until that day.

She never dreamed about that day to come. She knew that she was fucked. She knew that she was screwed, big time. She just knew that she would be fired that day.

Crap. She needed to inform Mr. Jung about this right away.

AN: What happened to Minah?

TBC