#17

The day of the company's anniversary had finally arrived. People began filling the ballroom. From the company's partners to rivals were all invited, and right now, the CEO and his fiancé were greeting the guests with hellos and polite smiles.

During the greetings, there would be the time where it's just the two of them and Taehyung used that little moment to talk to his fiancé.

"You look uncomfortable. Is it the tux? It's specially tailored for you and it's just a month ago we did the measurements. Did you gain or lose weight?" Taehyung bombarded the younger of the two with questions in one breath while doing so he flicked Jungkook's chin out of habit.

Jungkook just stared at nothing in particular, confusedly, like he was trying to remember something but failed.

"Mom and dad said last night that they would call me a minute before they arrived here but we are already twenty minutes in and they haven't called me."

Taehyung smiled politely when two guests walked past them before he focused again on his fiancé.

"Just wait a bit more..." Taehyung reassured the younger with a smile.

"That's the problem. They are very punctual when it comes to time."

This caught Taehyung off-guard. "Check your phone."

Jungkook laughed sheepishly. "About that... I think I forgot that at the restaurant."

Taehyung sighed. "Jeon Jungkook..." The CEO warned before he took his own phone out from his pocket to call his soon-to-be in-laws.

"Dad, it's already past twenty minutes now, where are you? Oh... Hmm, okay, alright. See you," Taehyung finished before he played Jungkook's chin with his fingers.

"They have just arrived, said that your mom made a little mistake with her eyebrows," Taehyung informed Jungkook, landing a peck on Jungkook's temple lovingly.

Meanwhile, Jungkook could only be rolling his eyes from the information before he lit up and left a smiling Taehyung once they spotted the Jeons.

~o0o~

"Hyung, this party is too boring. Can I leave for a while? I need to get my phone."

After they greeted their parents, Taehyung and Jungkook were finally alone when Jungkook decided to voice out his desire.

Taehyung had to think fast for a possible reason to say to his stubborn fiance just so he wouldn't leave without making it suspicious.

"Use my phone instead. We will retrieve yours after the party is over."

"Nah, yours is boring. I'll go now."

"Guk, we are in the middle of a party, you-"

"Hyungie, what's wrong with you?"

Taehyung was trying to be patient. "Guk, really?" At this point, Taehyung was kind of frustrated at the whole situation. From his rival who hadn't arrived to Jungkook wanting to go, and to think of a reason to hold Jungkook from going out without making it obvious.

"This is your company's anniversary, not my birthday. The party won't be affected without me for a few minutes, chill... You are being strange."

"You are my fiance, of course, it'll be different. People would notice your absence."

Jungkook rolled his eyes and was about to say something when someone interrupted them.

"Trouble in paradise?"