#11

AN: Before you continue, you might have to reread from the beginning lol (in case you forgot because of how long I have been abandoning this story, smh).

~o0o~

~o0o~

Taehyung was an observer. He watched everything around him most of the time and analyzed silently, and then learned before he made a move. He learned that from Jungkook. However, Taehyung was slightly advanced in terms of that. While Jungkook made his observation obvious, Taehyung didn't.

It's already lunchtime. Taehyung usually stayed in his office because Jungkook would bring him his foods but that day he had to get out to find some by himself. Good thing was, his brother was available at his restaurant for a day there. Not only would he have lunch there, but he might also as well talk about his current problem.

~o0o~

Taehyung was situated on a table near the windows so it was easier to observe everything. He watched as the people in the restaurant chattered here and there with faint classical music being played in the background. It was a busy day but thankfully Jin could manage when Jungkook wasn't available.

"I want to interrogate you for Jungkookie's absence but he just texted me, saying that you have to eat on time at twelve-thirty. Very specific. If not, he said that you'll hurt your tummy. Since when? I have practically lived with you growing up and yet," Jin blabbered as he took a seat across his little brother.

Taehyung could only smile.

Jin sighed. "It's twelve-ten, don't worry. The foods are ready. They'll be served before you know it," Jin smiled back. After he said that, the waiter came to serve their lunch.

~o0o~

Jin watched as Taehyung stared at the passerby outside the restaurant, his chin was rested on the palm of his hand while his elbow was propped up against the table.

"Do you want to talk about something?" Jin started the conversation, breaking whatever thoughts Taehyung was thinking.

Taehyung sighed in response. "Jungkookie..."

"Alright, before we go there. Why is he absent today? What did you do to him?"

Taehyung waved his hand in the air before he grinned demonically. "I'm sure that you don't want the details."

Jin hit the younger's head with a napkin. "I'll kill you that it will look like an accident."

Taehyung laughed sheepishly before he sighed. "Remember Lee Soohyuk?"

Jin raised his eyebrow. "That persistent bitch? What's with it?" Jin asked back indifferently.

"Oh my God, hyung!" Taehyung groaned.

Jin shrugged. "It doesn't deserve to be called with a proper pronoun."

Taehyung gave up. "Whatever makes you sleep at night."

"Now spill. What's with it?"

Taehyung studied his brother's face before he said everything.

"I did something stupid. Long story short, Soohyuk found out about Jungkookie and he declared somehow obscure, that Jungkookie would be his next target. Though I'm not doubting Jungkookie's strength and ability to protect himself, I'm still worried."

"Understandable."

Taehyung was frustrated but upon hearing his brother's positive response, he looked up looking hopeful. "Really?"

Jin sighed. "I have known you since forever and you have done plenty of stupid and foolish shits and I'm not even surprised about that by now. If anything, do whatever you feel right for you to protect Jungkookie. Even if he were to be upset, you can always ask for his forgiveness and understanding. I believe that he would understand that your intention is good."

At this point, Taehyung was already smiling. "Hyung, I really want to hug you right now."

Hearing that, Jin smiled proudly as he stood up, opening his arms for Taehyung to hug. "My arms are always open for you."

The two laughed after that, but at least, Taehyung was feeling slightly better than before.

TBC